my name is candace and i am an addict.
one fatal flaw of the weekend? i should have brought my ipod. i forget how my music quiets me - turns off my thoughts. when i get outside, i get even more introspective, and this introspection leads to millions of thoughts and these millions of thoughts contribute to my one great destroyer:
so i think i would have brought my ipod and watched the trees and welled up with tears at the pricking of soul only music can bring.
highlights of camping:
- jessica/candace's 4 hour stint alone at camp
- lilac wine & hallelujah-jeff buckley
- deer siting and walk
- talking with tice and niki about "the road"
- benji's reading us a Roald Dahl story around the camp fire
- burgers in a train car
- the "phrase" of the week - i think i won that game!
- hobo twinkies
- pearl jam
- jason's impersonation of harley fantasturbating.
- almost dying on devon's bike while afterwards talking about care of the soul
- the chat with joel on the drive home
so, all in all - many memories were made. it was very interesting to compare last year's first trip to this one - and how much intimacy has happened in the last year. in this, i find fulfillment and deep satisfaction.
in other matters - last night's Bastille Day celebration was simply magnificent. Despite the crowds, the weather was PERFECT and i enjoyed my rosé, sausage sandwhich, petite frites, and the breezy feel of my dress. we meandered about lazily, donning our summery attire, and found the pink door - whereby we sipped more cocktails and ate italian victuals by the sunset.
it was the most european monday night i have ever had...(except while in europe, bien sur)
do enjoy all the pictures, and feel free to comment.
(unless you are an anonymous man-bitch- he he, thanks plume)
(i will be sure to have more as my friends send me theirs, but for now you have to be happy with 275 pics)
|Camping Trip 07.08|