on temporary tattoos and other Valentine's Day shenanigans

February 15, 2011 candacemorris 5 Comments

Something very annoying has happened to me.  Against my will and the universe's decision to birth me a cynic, I have accidentally begun to like Valentine's Day.  I found myself wandering the grocery store aisles yesterday with a foolish grin on my face because of all the horrific VDay wares.  Perhaps it's my new-found love of all things kitschy, God knows I'd love to blame it on an aesthetic choice.  But no, as I was driving home and thinking about Joel and Teresa and Clara and my friends and family, I teared up with bursts of love as they escaped from my open-wide heart.

And honestly, I think that's what happened.  
My heart has thrown open its doors, removed the dusty sheets from the furnishings, thrown a fresh coat of pain on the walls
 and decided all are welcome. 

And that is the thrilling danger of amour.

Therefore, in honor of kitsch and kiss,
 we celebrated last night with the following:
photo
a moment of quiet relaxation while my red velvet cake baked

photo

Joel frosting the cake while I made fried zucchini and red beans and rice
(while rocking out to Tina Turner, of course)

my vday loot

my sister came home and set up my gift.
heart peeps, a sweet plant, temporary "love" tattoos, cinnamon candles, and flurp
(which is silly putty you use to make fart sounds.  why it made us laugh so hard, i have no idea!)
I was clapping like the Gob chicken-dance.

photo

then it was martini time
photo
and gift time
(I got T a Frankenstein ring and some candies, her fav!)
(Joel got a NASA hat and one of his fav beers!)

photo

and dinner time
and mustache time
and spontaneous dance party time 
(tina turner song seed on pandora is golden!)
temporary tattoo time

photo
then cake time.

photo

(because they do go so well together).

I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

(No wait, it was at the roller rink last week when a 60 year old balding man in a muscle-T figure-skated right in front of me, whilst clapping.  Now that shit was funny.)

Love Thyself

Hugs and Kisses,

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

: ) maybe it is a phase...I keep falling into and out of pink... lovely cake even though a cake from zucchini and beans sounds strange : ) a belated happy Valentino day

Julie said...

I want one!!! Well, I'll take one of each actually: slice of said red velvet cake, martini, and temporary tatoos!

Love you. Miss you.

Snailentina said...

1. I love Joel's shirt.
2. Your sister seems like an awesome gal all around.
3. This is my kind of v-day party.
4. ...too bad I was so tired I ate the saddest sandwich and a bit of a heart chocolate-chip cookie and past out at 10pm, a total record for me, that earliness.

Leiflet said...

Is your sister back in Seattle?

UmberDove said...

My favorite part of Valentine's Day was the video Joel sent, followed by the delirious hysterics BC and I were in, followed by the g&t's for lunch.