Post Vacation Glow AND Self-Care Challenge: Day One

May 25, 2009 candacemorris 11 Comments

Fellows and Femmes,
Happy Memorial Day. It is so strange, but we have had just the most amazing weather all weekend here in Seattle, and despite a few new sunburned places (hey, cut me some slack, I'm unaccustomed to responsible sunscreen slathering), I feel thankful for such beautiful weather indeed. It also feels strange when the reality of holiday weekend performs as you have always idealized said holiday weekend. We ate so well, drank hard, laughed even harder, and tried new things. I don't usually come home from a place wishing to go back, but I soo want to go back.

From Memorial Day Weekend 2009

Today, Joel and I returned from the beach cabin owned by our friends Jason and Devon. After a very early morning cruise back to the marina and a filling and long breakfast (apparently all of Seattle decided to go out for brunch today), Joel and I came home utterly spent from all the sun, fun, food and alcohol. It's a hard life.

From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009

From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


See it all here...
Memorial Day Weekend 2009

_____________________________

Today is Day One of the Self-Care Challenge I proposed last week. The goal is to PLAN and EXECUTE 1 moment of your day towards pampering and self-care. I make no claim that everyone's means of caring for themselves will look alike; some may run a few miles and feel pampered, others may take a long nap. Don't fit your soul into any supposed box of care, and listen to what feels best in the mood. Shoot, even actually writing "pamper myself" on your to-do list counts! I hope you participate, let me know here or on your blog or email. If you need inspiration, check out the original and colorful Umberdove's entry here! As far as my entry for today:

Day One Indulgence: Long Nap with Joel and cat

Looking forward to Day Two,
crm

You Might Also Like

11 comments:

I have a feeling that you want me to participate in this little experiment...so I'll try!
Today was Karen day all day! I took a nap with Laney and I let Steve change all the poopy diapers. Also, I had some chocolate, cherry coke, and a wee bit of wine (Delaney will thank me later).
And I allowed myself to feel loved by friends and family. Good day indeed!

stephy said...

Your pictures are SO beauty-full. Looks like such a wonderful weekend.

Joanna Lee said...

A part of me says, "don't do it! don't sign up! You can't do it!" Which is why I know I should do this challenge.

I was not feeling well today. It was hard to even get up to eat. However, I was inspired by the lilies I bought a few days ago.

I put the vase on the floor and took pictures lying down. This position made it possible for me to take the pictures, otherwise, I would have started to sweat and get sick from exhaustion!

Aah! I thought I didn't do anything today! Writing things down definitely helps me be more aware.

Thank you so much for this post!

Have a great day!

emilyclare said...

Seeing you looking so lovely with that glass of wine by the waves can't be real... it all looks so good.

Unknown said...

Day One: Watched Dr. Who with my sun-kissed bride

jordan said...

hey ms candace
lovely pics, you're a genius. what i did today - FINALLY planted the flowers i bought on mother's day and had a good chat with neighbours on both sides of us. it was quite nice! unfortunately, it was followed by the making of a DISASTROUS meal. yuck. it's not very often that i pick a recipe that turns out NOT well at all...this one unfortunately did. oh well! as my hubby said 'they can't all be winners'...indeed.

Happy bday miss Karen! You bet I want to see you participate.

Steph - Thanks! Oh, and it WAS.

BK- Oh no! I am so sorry you were so unwell. I am moved by your story, thanks for sharing it. Get well!

EB- It felt seriously UNREAL and a bit UNFAIR. To be so blessed is to feel so small.

joelio - that was fun.

jordan- oh yay for planting! does that mean it's finally warming up there? i disbelieve you could make a bad meal...but wanted to tell you i am FINALLY working on implementing one of your shared recipes this week. wish me luck!

jordan said...

hehe
oh but i did. it makes me shudder to think of the taste actually...let me know how the cookin goes - i'm making homemade cobb salad for myself tonight (hardboiled eggs, rosemary ham, homemade balsamic vinegrette....mmmmm) since i'm solo - hubby is in Houston TX for training.

and yeah, it's FINALLY feeling like spring here. 24C today (or so), sweltering in the clinic (AC busted).

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

First, I would just like to say that your weekend looked wonderful. I wanted to jump through the screen and land on that very deck on the water.

Your challenge is great. Love the concept. I'm doing the 37 days of living intentionally, which is a little different, so I'll go ahead and give yours a try along with it.

I didn't post for the first day yesterday, as I didn't feel I had done anything that was just for me...UNTIL I turned the computer off and wrote in my journal. I always love to find where my disciplined journal-writing segments take me. I enjoyed it so much that when I thought I was done and all of what was in me had flooded the page, I went up stairs. Just as I was climbing into bed another thought danced into my mind that refused to be forgotten, so I climbed back out and down the stairs and scrawled out the last of my directionless entry. -C

P.S. Sorry for the long post!

Cassie!
I love long comments and I am so in love with your writing as self-care!

Be well!
crm