Post Vacation Glow AND Self-Care Challenge: Day One

May 25, 2009 Candace Morris 11 Comments

Fellows and Femmes,
Happy Memorial Day. It is so strange, but we have had just the most amazing weather all weekend here in Seattle, and despite a few new sunburned places (hey, cut me some slack, I'm unaccustomed to responsible sunscreen slathering), I feel thankful for such beautiful weather indeed. It also feels strange when the reality of holiday weekend performs as you have always idealized said holiday weekend. We ate so well, drank hard, laughed even harder, and tried new things. I don't usually come home from a place wishing to go back, but I soo want to go back.

From Memorial Day Weekend 2009

Today, Joel and I returned from the beach cabin owned by our friends Jason and Devon. After a very early morning cruise back to the marina and a filling and long breakfast (apparently all of Seattle decided to go out for brunch today), Joel and I came home utterly spent from all the sun, fun, food and alcohol. It's a hard life.

From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009

From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


From Memorial Day Weekend 2009


See it all here...
Memorial Day Weekend 2009

_____________________________

Today is Day One of the Self-Care Challenge I proposed last week. The goal is to PLAN and EXECUTE 1 moment of your day towards pampering and self-care. I make no claim that everyone's means of caring for themselves will look alike; some may run a few miles and feel pampered, others may take a long nap. Don't fit your soul into any supposed box of care, and listen to what feels best in the mood. Shoot, even actually writing "pamper myself" on your to-do list counts! I hope you participate, let me know here or on your blog or email. If you need inspiration, check out the original and colorful Umberdove's entry here! As far as my entry for today:

Day One Indulgence: Long Nap with Joel and cat

Looking forward to Day Two,
crm

You Might Also Like

11 comments: