election time

May 20, 2008 candacemorris 5 Comments

not to be a negative nancy, but today and the last month has reminded me why i chose to live 28 years in cynicism.

because in the last two years, with getting all healthy and shit, i have found some child-like hope.

but hoping hurts. it hurts real bad. (or really badly if you care)

so you tell me what the freaking heck i should do with my life. the following represents a list of passions and interests - in no particular order of importance - that could save my soul from this 8-5 death:

  1. hair dresser
  2. writer/editor
  3. therapist - study of psychology (already tried this - denied)
  4. literature - teaching (already tried this - denied)
  5. bookstore owner
  6. mother
  7. photography
  8. makeup artist
  9. web design
  10. travel (anything where i get paid to travel and coordinate travel)
  11. dancer
  12. art studio owner/supporter/collaborator
  13. fashion designer

perhaps if you choose for me, i won't feel so gnawed through and through by doubt.

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

...bookstore owner!

But can it be a bookstore/bakery???

UmberDove said...

oh, I am going to be the second voter for bookstore owner... after all, you already have a name picked out.

but yes, it must be more than just a bookstore, but I am thinking more art boutique / vintage finds / wine bar with monthly openings where we will drink to your success with your great many patrons and guest authors (hello Mr. Moore) and artsy friends (eh hem...).

But I have another idea for you... for your first book. Lets talk in the morning lovely.

Unknown said...

Several things on that list sound pretty awesome to me. I could picture you being amazing at them all!

Of course, I can definitely recommend "mother". It's by far the most incredible thing I've ever done.

Melissa said...

I third bookstore owner.

BC said...

What, no lion tamer? I will only go to your bookstore if you carry the entire Harry Potter series.