my favorite redhead

May 22, 2008 candacemorris 2 Comments

things are progressing, my dears.
see new blog for booklings: http://thebooklings.blogspot.com/
I am proud of the work I have done so far.


but this blog is not for that - I have decided to keep them separate.

i wanted to tell you today about my favorite redhead. i moved out of her neighborhood and she quit her soulless job downtown (where i also work), and we have managed to loose each other. it's rather disorienting, and the loss has contributed greatly to this melancholy month of may. i didn't realize how much until i was speaking to my councilor about it and couldn't manage the ball of emotion in the back of my throat.

this little girl is scared of loosing her friend.

so we went to dinner last night, me and my favorite redhead. again, despite my best efforts to stay composed, i was unable to keep the emotion at bay. and let's face it, repression is highly overrated.

turns out, indian food and tears pair well.

people need to communicate painstakingly clearly to those they love. people cannot meet you where you are and love you unless they KNOW you.

so i told her. she is my cornerstone. as you may have guessed, she received it well. and thank god, because this month has been horrific for her as well.

i was trying to write a poem to describe this lovely woman. instead, i will let one of her favorite poets speak the language we know only in our stomachs.

for jmg:
"[her] hair is bold like the chestnut burr; and [her]eyes, like the sherry in the glass that the guest leaves." ~Emily Dickenson (emphasis mine)

your determination to face the disintegration of your soul has surprised, motivated, inspired, and loved me...as only you can. i close my eyes, see your ivory, motherly shoulder - bespotted with your maze of freckles, eternally wrapped in green and your eyes always abrim with someone else's suffering.

in this quest to find your soul, you've managed to find mine. again.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a most beautiful post. how wonderfully emily seems to capture your feelings.

Unknown said...

my eyes are abrim with someone else's love for me. a love i receive without hesitation, without question or fear. you are neither loosed nor lost from me.