for her

May 13, 2008 candacemorris 4 Comments

in an effort to reacquaint myself with me today (i've been so busy, dear hearts), i irresponsibly ditched my job today (i am SOO out of PTO), and took a day just to be.

that day turned into errands, but dears - the errands were just what this gal needed. i sold off some old booklings - and discovered two new ones for my family.

you know, the internet made me forget that i don't actually own any Matthew Arnold. Matthew Arnold, the Victorian poet, wrote one of the poems that was read aloud at my wedding, but i didn't realize that i didn't own the book (gasp) until i came across it at the store. if i need to read the buried life i usually just look it up online. (if you take time to read it, please especially note lines 12-29..which were the lines read aloud at my nuptials). .


i am proud to say that i have corrected this grievous error



after i did that, i had to run to our old place for some things, and i realized how ugly it was. :) don't get me wrong, i knew it then, but it was my home - and i made it just that. now that i have moved on and grieved appropriately, i feel so enchanted with my lovely new home. see below for the before/after affect.

(old place)

(new place)
pretty amazing transformation, eh? just call me Houdini.


(me in front of new place- in the park across the street)



I also checked out my local branch of the public library. I am a very avid user of the Seattle public library system - it's my own personal netflix. I walked to the Capitol Hill branch today, and boy was I pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the building. Damn, Seattle...you just keep taking the breath out of me.


i have some poems inkling around my brain...thanks to the creative energy felt at tice and niki's. i leave there feeling like the next generation of creative collaborators. i ask you - are my dreams possible?

whether or not you discover me; whether or not you pay me...i will write. it is not my choice. it is my destiny.



also, i leave you with this thought.
(bff. you move my aches to joy)

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh the books! I have been aching to rumage around in a used/antique book store. I don't think we have one within a 200 mile radius of Parker. If I close my eyes, I can almost imagine the smell of those wonderfully old books.

I am jealous of your library as well. Jealous I tell you!

well m! what is WITH parker, az?!!!!! maybe you should start a book store! :)

i have dreamed of such things before - but admitedly, it was never located in the desert.

i have this fabulous idea about a bookstore/bar. there is one in seattle, but it's just a bar with books on the wall. i want to make it a real bookstore with lots of chairs around - and on the menu will be fabulous pairings of a book with a suggested beverage.

like...the great gatsby and a mint julep; macbeth and red wine; the importance of being earnest and a glass of bubbly.

whacha think?

Melissa said...

I don't know what's with Parker! That would probably be my biggest complaint. No local place to hangout, no bookstor, no good coffee. I think it's a stupendous idea to opwn a bookstore though (although it would probably have to be a book/bakery/photography studio/art/whatever else I'm interested in store! I have dreamed of owning my own bookstore from about the age of 14. I would make it madatory for all used books to have notes written in them. Isn't a book so much better when you know that another person has lovingly taken the time to write their own thoughts.

The beverage and a book idea is definitely a good one (stored into my little notebook of someday ideas).

m - notes are a must. i make a point for every book i give to have a written tibit in it...i recently received a lovely cookbook as a housewarming present and demanded that she write in it...funny and great to meet someone who finds that also invaluable.

so many interests! i share your passions, friend.