find me astray

May 08, 2008 candacemorris 7 Comments


I love finding lost things.

Many of you know I moved almost two weeks ago. After about 2 nights of sleeping at my new place, my neighbor and lovely friend Kelly brought over her issue of domino magazine.

Granted, she introduced me to this magazine, but what gives her the right to have hers before mine comes? I mean, I have been a loyal subscriber for over T.H.R.R.R.E.E.E.E whole months now, why should I have to wait while she oogles the lovelies? She even brought it over to show me the new inspiration for my kitchen. i know! such audacity.

I started to think about the injustice of my poor little lost domino…mental check list.


Had I forwarded my mail exactly on time? check.
Had I logged onto the magazine website and changed my address? check.
Had I checked both the old mailbox and the new mailbox? check.

check, check, and double freaking CHECK. dangs it to all.....

But to no avail. domino was A.W.A.L, finito, poof, missing, extinct.

In other words:
L
O
S
T

I do not recover well from loosing things. i was prepared to go buy a replacement yesterday...but wouldn't you know, and thank the jesus, I found her crammed into my new 1920s* mail box!


Oh the delight!

The sheer euphoric stupendousness!!! She was wrapped in plastic and protected. Not lost, not AWAL, not missing, not finito. not astray.

In other words:
F
O
U
N
D
!!!!!!!!!

Oh what pleasure is mine, sweet little domino. Did I rip her open and allow her beauty to breath life into my idea-sapped brain? Stay stay, impatience. I am the most patient person ever...so,
I saved it. That’s right. I became like my bigger sister hoarding her larger-than-life sized Disneyland sucker well after I had already finished mine.
I saved it for my most sacred time. My bath. (Did you know I was a religious bath-taker, dearies?).

But on to my point.

Reasons I love this issue:


  1. In the editors tribute to mother’s day, she used this word - Insouciance: lack of care or concern; indifference. I delight in this.
  2. Even IF Kelly did show me my new kitchen …I found my new kitchen! It is already this gorgeous stark white, but very vintage. Therefore I will be adding cobalt and yellow to enrich this place.

In happy news!!! I received the most exciting housewarming gift from said friend above. Annette on Etsy from whom Kelly bought the print is really talented and her prints speak oodles of exaltation to my soul. I will get one more of the same orange one below, and also a blue one. Aren’t they just delish? (click on pic to view on etsy)





I hope you find what you have lost, loverlies.

p.s. i almost burned my eye off today. i had run out of contact solution, so i used some random stuff i found in my backup supplies. i completely read the label correctly and everything, but when i went to put my contacts in this morning, OH IT BURNED! I couldn't even open my eye for about 10 seconds to get the culprit out! aye, dios mio. so today, i am donning my prada glasses, and they needed to be donned anyway - the fabulousness gorgeouness of them might be SOMEWHAT overshadowed by my looks-like-a-case-of-pink-eye right eyeball. ouchy. lesson: do not use cheap contact solution.

* did you know that it's improper to add an apostrophe onto a date? It is not 1950's, but rather 1950s. grammar thought of today.

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray... the newest edition of M.O.A.B.M.

I could totally do all the crm Support for your site!

Also, you need to add "a laptop for Candace" to that things of items we need that you are "not keeping".

Melissa said...

You and your writings are just too cute! I eagerly await your next post.

BC said...

Got to love the little things. And don't be mad at Kelly, she has a special 'in' at Domino and receives her issues 3 days before you specifically.

It was an option when you sign up - "Would you like to receive your issue 3 business day prior to Candace? Check here for YES!"

Also, I thought AWAL was Abscent Without Leave - AWOL? What is that other A for?

UmberDove said...

muuuaaahhahah! My evil domino contacts once again elevate me to goddess status!

Ok, so not true, but there is something about florida that just makes me want to go BIG! (like BIG hair, and BIG sunglasses, and BIG women giving me dirty looks as I realize that my itunes is making too much BIG noise for her)

BC-
You are so right. AWOL. I am so lame about military terms.

What sucks is that in RENTON, i WAS getting my domino before that sleuthy wife of yours...damn seattle. (just kidding! sorry sweet city, i was just making a funny).

Tell me you have read:

eats, shoots, and leaves

Oui ou non?

plums,
it is a treasured bookling of mine, but it hasn't gone through iniations yet. should it soon?