Sept 22 - I am not amused.

September 22, 2008 candacemorris 7 Comments


Sept 22 - I am not amused., originally uploaded by mme.bookling.

A case of the mondays=
1. Not hearing your alarm.
2. Because of #1, having flat hair and forgetting a belt.
3. Snagging fishnets underneath desk.
4. $4.00 overdrawn. .
5. Running out of ban width on flickr.
6. Snagged nail with no file in sight

In other news, I feel completely disconnected from myself.
Will sneak off at lunch for leftover chili & cornbread and nurture the hell ouf myself.

p.s. when did it happen that people come to my rescue? how lovely to be so lifted up. thank you jsl, thank you kjk, thank you umber - for the words, laughter, deepth, and smiles you drew from this crabby ass this very morning.

breathing in the memory:
rushing water over rocks gray
roots of she and i reaching desperately for the silence
to hear inside what outside always meant to say
inked moss and green words

today will not rush past me in a blur of cynicsm
for i will remember that time when i had pleanty of breathing room,
steal some from then,
and breath deeply today.
even if it kills me.


crm

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Becca said...

Beat up Monday indeed! The worst part is I'm supposed to hang out with JDBman, the loveliest of lovelies, tonight and I'm tired, my hair is limp and greasy and I have no motivation to act happy.

I want to crawl up in a hidey hole and wait for forgetfulness and nonchalance to come.

Or just walk out on life and stop pretending I know anything.

I'm sorry to hear about your stockings. I really hate it when that happens.

And I'm sure insomnia is sexdreams about ex-boyfriends... although I can't say I've had a "sex dream" about Andrew since we broke up... other disconcerting dreams though all the time.

UmberDove said...

"inked moss and green words" are what bleeds out of my heart too.

You are so beautiful.

I'm having a hard time typing because you have made my eyes all damp blurry.

I want to go back there too.

E.Louise said...

"nurture the hell out of myself" - that made me smile. And boo to snagged stockings and nails. Horrible. Silver lining: it's Tuesday tomorrow.

she said...

chere amie,
yes, an out-of-sorts lundi if there ever was one. je le deteste. but i say YES to drawing on the deep, still well of past peacefulness and drinking of it like it's the last thing you'll ever do. you're really quite resourceful, did you know that?

are you nurtured the hell out of? i certainly hope so. snagged fishnets are of yesterday; pristine legwear and voluminous contentedness are of today.

she.

Mme, just a quick something to say that sorry you had a bit of a rotten Monday AND that while chatting with KJK last night, we agreed to agree that you are, in fact, one of the most caring and sensitive girls we have ever known. We love your love.

Jenn said...

sending green, space & love your way...

you have been green, space & love for me lately.
thanks jlw.