perchance to dream

September 09, 2008 candacemorris 8 Comments

must we really be so damn'ed practical? must we live vicarious dreams only through art and movies?

while perched on the stoop tonight, clove in hand, 2003 Bordeaux decanting inside, my favorite red-head and i had a little chat....a little heart-to-heart wherein we slapped each others' practical sensibilities to the floor
like the annoying little fruit-flies they are.

interests.
desires.
dreams.
aspirations.
the inspired vision is all i want to trust.

"To sleep, perchance to dream-
ay, there's the rub." (Hamlet)

so i step out of the mire and
into the brilliance of understanding
that my life is only determined by a paycheck
if indeed
i
allow it.

so it begins. all i want is to spend this time before booklings studying what i love.
you guessed it dears.
books.

~off to dream.
crm

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

So quit your job, stay at home, read, write (follow me the water's nice, no don't worry about the fins they are dolphins that help you dream and all the jellyfish are genetically engineered to make you happy and content with life not make you feel like you MUST TEAR OFF EVERY SHRED OF FLESH FROM YOUR BODY BEFORE YOU CAN WRITE A GODDAMN WORD).

Sorry about that.

I have become much more of a stay at home husband than a guy who quit his job to take a stab at writing shit. I think that I am in week three of my test and my keyboard has begun to frighten me. I guess it turns out that when brought into reality, dreams are more like sandpaper to the crotch than the orgasmic utopia you always imagined.

uh, well put.

as always.

..."sandpaper to the crotch..."

aye yai yai.......

...sorry. I actually had a comment to make about your actual post but was completely distracted by Andrew's comment.

Sigh.

"my life is only determined by a paycheck
if indeed
i
allow it"

RW and I have fully adhered ourselves to the concept that money does not rule over us, but we rule over it. We tell IT what to do, not the other way around.

I won't be a slave to my wages and I'm glad you won't be either.
XO

...at least I hope that's what you meant.
I hate to be misunderstood when I write something, so hopefully I understood you perfectly well.

perfectly well, my friendly flapper.

perfectly well.

UmberDove said...

So I know that the last thing you expected was to have someone laughing out loud at this post, but I just did, only it's ONLY relative to information we shared tonight over a tasty Gorditos meal.

You said "Fruit-Flies."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahah

thejoeyray said...

Oh man, Umber beat me too it.

"Practical sensibility = fruit flies"

Hehe!