Lists: A beach weekend

May 22, 2009 candacemorris 5 Comments

I am brimming with travel anticipation! Our friends have a lovely boat and cabin on a remote island in the Puget Sound (Hat Island) and we will be spending a few days there this weekend. I would have been happy with gray skies, but Seattle has seen fit to give us 70degrees and sunny! I am so excited that I am writing this post BEFORE I eat breakfast, which almost never happens.

Before I toss myself into the shower to run up to the store for some last minute items, I wanted to ask some questions about a beach weekend. As I was trying to get myself to sleep last night, I was thinking about things I simply cannot leave behind when I leave for a beachy weekend - especially a weekend that I KNOW I will be encountering amounts of bliss, ocean*, and mimosas.

Here's my list:
  1. BIG old 30s beach hat that my sister bought me for my 30th bday last year. I keeps the sun off like nothing else!
  2. Journal.
  3. Camera.
  4. Plath's Journals. They ALWAYS get me writing (which explains why I cannot get through it. I read for 10 minutes and my hand is burning to write).
  5. Dresses, Sarong, and Flippy Flops.
  6. Music.
So what's your list of necessaries when you go away for a weekend with your soul?

candace ruth


*i have this thing about the ocean. i know a lot of people do, so i probably don't have to explain it. The ocean is like a huge calming blanket that shushes my anxiety and brings rich pensive thoughts. I am changed when the water and I look at each other. if i ever moved anywhere to write, it would be a beach-town. just like sylvia and ted.

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Dutch said...

1. bathing suit
2. towel (but I'll probably forget it)
3. booze
4. weenies for roasting

Yeah, that sounds good

WAIT WAIT!!!!!

5. my dog

Joanna Lee said...

Oh, how I love the beach!

1. my huge straw hat
2. my camera
3. music
4. watercolor pencils and pencils
5. watercolor block
6. sketchbook
7. journal
8. towel
9. flip-flops
10. water canister

I can't believe I only wrote ten! If you knew me, you'd be cracking up right now!

Have a great weekend!

jordan said...

hmmm....
1. a comfy seat
2. my lovely doggy
3. a good book
4. frisbee for said doggy
5. iced tea
6. a good hat
7. snacks ;)

UmberDove said...

1. Sketchbook and numerous pencils.






That's the only absolutely necessary thing there is. I mean, I do a grand job over packing every where I go, but the items I bring are fluid. If, somehow, I were to leave my sketchbook behind, the trauma might be enough to ruin the whole weekend.

I guess I need water and my toothbrush too.

Nadia said...

I've never been however if I had.

1. Books
2. Camera
3. notepad
4. Pencils
4. a couple of good movies
5. Blanket for outdoor picnics
6. A bottle of wine