inconsolation

May 08, 2009 candacemorris 2 Comments

i have ignored the screen all morning.
i have lighted the cathedral candles.
i have written pages and pages.
i have raged on with charcoal.
i have sat with quilt and read.
i have gazed for hours at this (i am in love with her polaroids).
i have ran the hot water cold.
i have imbibed the steamiest of teas.
i have slowly lotioned my dry body.
i have donned dress, david bowie t, and turquoise stockings.
i have turned the music WAY up.
i have breathed deeply.
i have listened, i tell you!

SO TELL ME, SOUL.
WHAT IS IT YOU WANT?





for a girl who has made an art out of consoling herself,
it feels especially illusive.
and, just like my insane cat,
everything runs from me
just as i start to advance.


inconsolably yours on this weepy friday,
crm


post script:
i have also swooooonnneed over Audrey Tautou in this short film for Chanel No. 5 (who is playing coco chanel in an upcoming film!!!)

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Joanna Lee said...

I'm feelin' weepy too. The slightest wrong word and my chest tightens. The heaviness pulls me to the ground. When I try to move, sandbags of metal are tied to my limbs, dragging my thoughts from my lips. If only I could breath oxygen into my lungs, then perhaps it would feed my brain and happiness would reign.

At least, there are two. Not alone are we. For suffering shared together, can feel like a feather, put together, to make wings.

Hope you find some solace in the beauty of the day and the knowledge that others wish you well.

UmberDove said...

I needed to turn inward on this quiet weekend, trying to listen, gripping at the threads of peace, flippantly moving from one activity to the next DESPERATE to avoid "task master mode."

But I've been thinking about you the whole time.

I love you my soul sister.