"you and the stars, throwing light"

October 10, 2008 candacemorris 6 Comments

today is filled with significantly less ranting than yesterday.
AND is, i am deeply elated to report,
no less light-hearted.
i am amused
see? this is my "i am amused" face.
i could just kiss jesus' rainy cheeks for this ease of spirit and good coffee.

i am amused - steamy 70s version
i needed peace.
but how does a girl with too much boredom turn that numbing depression into peaceful boredom?
because both require sitting still.


i'm just sayin'
it's a fine line.
_________________________________________________


TODAY has held thus:
  • le ditching of my friday "run" with kelly. oooppps. :)
  • le sleeping in until 10:15am.
  • le massage (man it can really pay to sell yourself to the corporate whore)
  • le briskly freeeezing walk to/from massage therapist (oh DELICIOUS COLD)
  • le funky smell in kitchen and quick run to garbage bin
  • le lighting of candles and turning on of Jeff Buckley.
  • le making of apple/cinnamon muffins to find an excuse to load kelly's jam onto it. turns out i burned them, but jam covers a multitude of sins.
  • le brewing of the jesus' personal coffee roaster - Vivace.
  • le pep talk "candace, just relax...do what you want to do - enjoy the moment, stop planning your day."
  • le funny feet situation. i am wearing two different slippers b/c i can't find the matching pair. it's making me snicker.
  • le magical pink light hitting my bedroom floor.
Oct 10- pink light
Hoping today also holds:
  • le watercolor brush in my hand
  • le or maybe deux scalding shower(s)
  • le walk
and that's all i am going to give power to by writing down.

___________________________________

BUT i do have to follow up on a rant of yesterday. remember when i was bitching about the superfluous overuse of le parapluie (i love saying this word. do it. para-plue-eee) in lovely seattle who is sometimes filled with less than lovely weather-appreciators? well, no sooner do i type this thought than i head to my bus stop which is, MIND YOU, underneath a very large and forgiving canopy of trees and it is NOT wet under here.

Because of the ridiculous irony of my example manifesting right before my very eyes, I then HAD to furtively capture it with my iPhone. Note the chick in bare legs and stupid flip flops. It's COLD here folks.

i have decided to love the benevolence of mother nature.
no matter what she brings.


jeff buckley says to you:
"Fall in light, fall in light.
Feel no shame for what you are
As you now are in your blood
Fall in light

Feel no shame for what you are
Feel no shame for what you are
Feel it as a water fall
Fall in light,
Grow in light


Stand absolved behind your electric chair, dancing
Past the sound within the sound
Past the voice within the voice

Leave your office
Run past your funeral
Leave your home, car
Leave your pulpit
Join us in the streets where we
Don’t belong, don’t belong
You and the stars
Throwing light

Fall in light, fall in light fall in light
Grow in light"

"New Year's Prayer"


~crm

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Smooch.

OH LIGHTHEARTED!
Oh cold.
Oh parapluie!
OH (swoon) Jeff Buckley.
You're a beautiful friend and I can taste the happiness of your heart in this post today.
Loving you from Idaho,
Jillian

UmberDove said...

"Parapluie"

My very FAVORITE French word. Period. When I first began my French studies at 14 I would walk through the high school hallways muttering "parapluie" over and over under my breath.

stephy said...

Ohhhh I loved reading this! Maybe we should be friends because I gave myself that same pep talk today and Vivace is my favorite coffee (and Jesus's)..

This made my throat ache & big fat tears roll down my cheeks. Not quite sure why except that I miss that smile & wish I was holding a cup of coffee and sitting on the couch WITH you. So glad you had a lovely Friday. Kisses my lovely.

emilyclare said...

That is one of my very favurite Jeff songs; the one I sing when the heavens open with rain and I can dance barefoot in the front yard and get mud between my toes... or when I am squished in tight on an overcrowded train coming home for work. You make me want to ride over to your place with some blue tea-cups to have coffe and jam.. Yes. And I would bring you a bunch of clover from you garden... May your weekend continue to bloom ever so;