the play's the thing

July 28, 2010 candacemorris 5 Comments


Last night, as my birthday present from the saint, I was treated to my restaurant and play of choice.  Both were way more than I expected.   Before seeing "Ruined" at the Intiman, my sister and Joel and I stopped at Toulouse Petit Kitchen and Lounge.  This open air French Quarter-esqu restaurant was first of all, very beautiful and second of all, very impressive with their food and drink selection and quality.


Hell, any drink menu that offers a Sazerac as the first cocktail listed has my vote.
But then, THEN I tell you, it was a good Sazerac.  
Well, that's what the saint said.
I myself had a Kir Royal.



Pour moi:
Caprese Salad
New York Steak au Poivre
Banana's Foster
French Press

Pour ma soeur:
(caught here in a moment of regret remembering her spilled chartreuse from last week's dining adventure)
Toulouse Salad
Crawfish Etouffee

Pour mon mari:
Toulouse Salad
Steak Tartar 
(served with a raw egg on top, just as he likes it)
Earl Grey Tea




We then took a wonderful evening stroll to the theatre a few blocks away, ordered our intermission Manhattans and sat down fat and happy.
This play was so moving, so completely heart-wrenching that I totally had to swallow sobs for the last 10 minutes.  Bravo! Bravo! I wanted to scream, and almost hugged one of the actresses on my way out.  
(If you live in the area and have ANY chance at all to see it, I think it's the best play I've seen in quite some time).




Thank you so much my Joelio, for giving up your ideals of present-giving and speaking to me in my love language...words, culture, cocktails, city.  I know you would have rather dropped obscene amounts of cash on one big present; but you listened and responded to my needs.
From the day we met...you've done so.

Thirty-Two...I am liquored up and ready for you!


You Might Also Like

5 comments:

UmberDove said...

OOOOOH! I had almost forgotten about intermission cocktails... they are SO the best.


I need a life-intermission cocktail. Will you come and pour me one, say, in like 9 days?

BC said...

Only one restaurant attended? Bah, that's hardly an evening. ;)

Happy Birthday mon petit choux.

Im so glad you had such a wonderful day!

Bisquit said...

That tattoo is soooo formidable, as are your photos. You also have a GREAT man. Way to go, MME! Cheers to another year.
xoxo,
BISQ

Allisunny S. said...

What a delightful birthday week you've had: thanks so much for sharing it in great pictures and food descriptions.
I need to eat now :)

xxoxoxo,
Allison