en images: camping at Mt. Rainier

July 20, 2010 candacemorris 9 Comments


 As promised, here are a few more camping pictures.

The saint was so exhausted from his last few weeks at work...poor guy.
Although I really love camping with my woodwose, it was especially fun to have my sister and niece along!
Man, that girl makes me laugh.

I like to call the following pictures
"Adventures in Wine Opening"
because despite my camping preparedness, I totally forgot a wine key.

Yes, she had to use a steak knife.  It eventually worked, but wine got everywhere and we had to strain it.
Well, it was good anyway...cork bits and all.

At that point, Joel decided to take matters into his own hands and whiddle his own damn corkscrew.
 I was, as usual, impressed.

A few silly moments:



And a few quiet moments:



Mt. Rainier is a bit nostalgic for me because of a few trips we've taken with our friends; it therefore possesses a kind of magic.  As I entered the familiar campground,  this magic transformed our little family's tension and anxiety into naps, walks in solitude, quiet talks around the fire, and vistas so beautiful they make the soul weep.
p.s. You can check out the entire album here.

You Might Also Like

9 comments:

Magical whittling skills! Did his corkscrew work?

I always love my wine with a side of cork ;)

Melissa said...

I think I might need to go camping with you. Here's a little secret, I've only been camping like twice in my whole life. The idea of camping is exciting and fascinating, but when it comes down to actually planning a camping trip, I panic. I'm going to make it happen someday though and I'm coming to YOU for tips!

Snailentina said...

Holy crap, that is a man of skill! Not only did he do that, but is also pretty haha woohoo! for awesome husbandry.

I love the photos and canon should pay you for that very nice, writing ad :)

He IS magical...but no, it didn't work. We bought one at the store the next morning.

M-
WHA? I love camping, and I am not the "camping" type. Would be so fun to go together.

Snaily-
I KNOW. Joel is really amazing with his hands. ;)

You make me think I wouldn't hate camping so much after all...

Allisunny S. said...

Take me with you???!!! :)

xoxo
Allison

Joyful said...

I'm impressed with the whittling skills. The weekend camping trip looks magical. Love the snow :-)

looks like an awesome weekend.
pics are lovely.
and i am also quite impressed with the whittled corkscrew.

and I hope your birthday was magical as well! :)

BC said...

This makes me incredibly happy, and solemnly sad.

Also, we have had the same wine incident. A couple of wine keys now reside in the "camping box".