a weekday writing whore

June 02, 2008 candacemorris 2 Comments

i don't use the term whore lightly.

slut, maybe. but not whore.

with this important delineation out there, i am realizing that i am a weekday writing whore. i never, almost never write on the weekends. this is poor, poor form, comrades. i think my writing would be MUCH better on the weekends, sitting under my bay windows (and new lamps, just purchased yesterday, and tying my living room together quite nicely), sipping a bloody mary. but alas, i did spend SOME time on the computer this weekend, but it was to b.a.l.a.n.c.e my chhhheeeccckkkbooookkkk. gross.

but yes, as i was saying. i am sorry to neglect many of you who don't have time to read your favorite blogs on the weekdays. (this should definitely include my blog and the booklings blog, in case you haven't realized how important they are to your daily routine).


Sorry if you are sitting on your lovely lazy weekend without any NEW reading material.

So updates?
Ladies Night #2 went rather well. As it was my turn to host, I made a salad nicoise and it went quite well. It always helps to have a Whole Foods rather close. (I did NOT walk, thank you very much). But I didn't walk to WF because I walked/ran THREEEEEEEE WHOLE MILES on Friday night. It was glorious (once i actually broke down b/c my ipod wasn't working...and then borrowed kelley's!), and I am pondering doing it again tonight). All the ladies looked fabulouser than any of the sluts in attendance, and we just loved loved loved the movie. (again, i LOVE cliche. it's my new favorite). I will soon have pictures to show off. I am hoping someone got one of me, because I just loved my dress and outfit, but forgot to snap it!

Also, in case you didn't know....JUNE IS OFFICIALLY HERE. It's not warm by any means in Seattle, but I care not. It's a month of lighter moods and I will embrace it as such.

~smoooches.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Chuck Palahniuk:
Graduated with a BA in Journalism
Worked for NPR
Local Oregon Newspaper
Left for a mechanic job
Then worked in homeless shelters while finishing and publishing Fight Club.
I can keep going if you will.
Writers don't need the academia.
Academia need them; fuck where would they be without the artists.
I am rambling and that is good.

and i am not using that lightly either.