consider yourself warnedrandom hump day musings.
- Ever notice how certain protein bars taste like dust? Bleck – this Luna Peanut Butter Cookie bar is filthy.
- Some secret little elf bought a beautiful black patent leather purse for me in the mail. Who are you??? J It’s just the perfect size, and was on my etsy wish list so THANKS! I feel so special (though I admit, I fear my ability to downsize).
- Despite this week’s vitamins, three bananas, and stretching, I woke up last night with a horrendous leg cramp. I am now walking around with this ball of pain in my left calf. Good thing I have a massage tonight. (thank god for insurance – oh the benefits of selling your soul to corporate America).
- Gone Baby Gone was better than I expected, but any film that puts ben affleck BEHIND a camera is destined for a greater outcome than if he were in front of a camera.
- Domino magazine was rather disappointing this month. Unless you have a guest bedroom where you can fit two twin beds or perhaps a huge lawn for outdoor patio furniture, this magazine was pretty irrelevant. I did scope this beautiful dress from an artist that I am considering writing the editor to ask the artist where she purchased said dress. But that’s about the only inspiration I got from the mag.
- I am excited to see Adam today. He is the closest cousin/brother we have.
- I spell like summer lately. New annoying handsoap has shea butter which reminds me of tanning oil, which reminds me of cheap straw hats and skin marks from plastic lounge chairs. This is annoying because I cannot be sitting in the sun with a wide brimmed hat, glass of rose, good book, and sound of ocean lapping at the shore. Damn soap.
- I almost journaled ON PAPER last night! I was feeling just so miserable, lonely, irritable, wounded, cranky, and lazy. As is normal for me, I didn’t feel motivated to do anything until about 10pm when I finally did the dishes, put away the laundry, straightened the house, and took a bath…but then I read myself to sleep and my book is getting interesting so that was a bright spot, but the beginning line of my journal entry was going to read, “I am just so miserable tonight.”
- And this morning? Oh, thanks for asking. I feel my neck hurting, my tea oversteaped, my luna bar dusty, and my eyes puffy from fatigue.
- Also, I hate doing expense reports.
What’s new with you?
I spent a lot of my time yesterday adding new quotes. Some of my favorite are scrolling on the page as we speak, but I will include them here for you too:
"Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a best-seller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. " — Flannery O'Connor
"Dum spiro, spero. (Translation: As long as I breathe, I hope.)" — Latin Proverb
"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. " — Sylvia Plath
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. " — G.K. Chesterton
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." — Ray Bradbury
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." — Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." — Pablo Picasso
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." — C.S. Lewis
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." — Ernest Hemingway
"Women are like teabags, you never know how strong they are until they're put in hot water." — Eleanor Roosevelt
"Read in order to live." — Gustave Flaubert
and my personal favorite for this random posting:
"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them." — Lemony Snicket