"next time, i promise we'll be perfect"

June 20, 2008 candacemorris 4 Comments

"Perfection is local – in divine Seattle. I enjoy leisurely brunch with girlfriends, afterwards meandering through consignment and book shops. Then I take my typewriter to a breezy deck and write, finishing the late afternoon with a facial. Come evening, don a fabulous dress and walk with hubby to favorite local restaurant, sipping wine with sighs and wiggling off our shoes sur-la-table."


The above was my entry into Daily Candy’s contest for a perfect day. You write your perfect day in 50 words or less (do you think they will notice that mine was 61 words?) and you could win this day - and some new cell phone, but i care little about this.

Wait. Why didn’t I say shopping spree/limousine around town/and trip to Paris for the day?!

Well, nevertheless – happy Friday. Would you like to know what is making this early morning post possible?

Triple Cappuccino.

I have not had coffee all week due to my froat being froggy – instead imbibing ungodly amounts of tea. But not today. I am feeling quite a bit better and was ready to attack Friday with said coffee beverage.

TAKE THAT FRIDAY. POW.

(I think I am scaring my coworker with my talkativeness).

So ANNNYYYWAY, even if you don’t enter above contest, what is your perfect day, dearies?!

~candles.

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

frankie said...

paris for a day? only a day?

Vile-ette said...

Waking up to no alarm. Coffee and breakfast in the sun. Walking along the beach. Massage. Afternoon delight. Long, warm shower. Dinner with the sun setting. Dancing with friends until our legs give out beneath us.

Erin Morris said...

I posted one too!

UmberDove said...

Sipping coffee, chickadees in my cherry tree. Cocktails over 2 1/2 hour lunch, warm earth scent, laughing with friends. Kayaking, salty ocean air, elk, seals, brown bear all stop to watch. Fabulous party dress, 4" heels, sensuous finger foods, moonlight on water and martinis. Hot bath, long massage, slow kisses, deep sleep.