herein starts the first of many "look what i did for my birthday" posts

July 21, 2011 candacemorris 4 Comments

Please forgive this. I usually have several birthday celebrations to report.

Age 5 bday party
Please note my sister's awesome outfit to the left, my brother's relaxed posed in front, my mom's sexy shoulders, and well as the macrame planter in the back.  I love 1982.

There exists a common adult sentiment that bemoans how birthdays are never as they were during childhood.  There was usually one big party with friends and relatives and if you were lucky enough to have a "school year" birthday, you may have enjoyed a cupcake party with your classmates.

I think childhood birthdays are bullocks.
I mean my mom did a great job, don't get me wrong...but adult birthdays are WAY better.
  1. Booze.
  2. More money to spend on yourself.
  3. Mainly booze.
But the very best reason why adult birthdays are superior is how many times I get to celebrate - the upside to having such extended friends and family.  Last night, I doe-eyed asked my loving husband to take me for ice cream as the beginning of such celebrations.  Nice that we live less than a mile from some of the best ice cream in the city!

So...look what I did for (1 of) my birthday(s)!
photo
photo
photo
Joel got the Scout Mint (girl-scout mint cookies in mint!) 
photo
I debated between my favorite Strawberry-Balsamic, but I settled on the Cherry Chunk (think Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia, only fresher!).  DELISH.

If you live in Seattle, you no doubt know the Molly Moon's craze...but if you don't and are planning on visiting Seattle and like ice cream, do it.  All the cool kids are.

Today so far (which is the actual day) I've:
worn more eye-liner than necessary
indulged in half a maple bar 
received lovely white roses from my awesome coworker (and friend), Stacy 
and looking forward to several tasty pints tonight.

Bday posts to come:
Spa Day
Picnic
Family Party
Joel's mysterious gift.
Packages and letter to arrive.

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Ah yes, the school year birthday. Mine being June 10, often just squeezed in, but at a time where parents are stressed about summer vacation plans, and setting up daycare etc. Then as I got older, it was always the same week as exams.

I much prefer my post school year birthdays, even if it is just me alone with myself for the day, doing whatever my little heart desires.

So far, your birthday sounds fabulous, and I am thinking a drive down to Seattle sounds pretty good right now if strawberry balsamic ice cream is waiting for me when I get there!!

Happy Happy birthday!!!
xo
jaime

Sounds like a fabulous start to a weekend of birthday love and celebrations!!!! Here's to celebrating YOU in all your fabulousness...I'll pour out a few drops of my gin and tonic in your honor during after work coctail hour!

Seriously!
Seriously.
There's something coming in the mail.
I love you.
Happy happy.
xx

emilyclare said...

Oh mme, I've eaten more ice-cream in the last week than in my whole life... I think it was in honour of your birthday.

Happy year my dear, this one is going to be really rad.

And as usual expect some belated snail mail.

love love xx