it's my birthday and i'll wish if i want to...

July 14, 2011 Candace Morris 7 Comments

 (or these gorgeous YSL Vintage Cat Eyes)


royal blue denim

ink well and pen


(yep.  we're all a'board that crazy train)


a gorgeous headboard for the bedroom makeover project that I might start someday
(see the beginning of my inspiration board here)

A simple list, no?

July is always such a great month for me - and a particularly great time to have a birthday!  I don't have to share it with almost anyone or any other holiday (poor Joel, a xmas baby).  Because I am deeply organized and a religious list-maker, I've populated ever-so-many cyber wish lists (apparel, all kinds of ideas, books, for the home, etsy,).

We leave this morning with three other couples to celebrate with me by camping here.  A Thursday-Sunday of bloody mary's, silly card games, and praying that it doesn't rain.  Should be a hoot!

After we return from camping, I plan to celebrate myself by indulging in a mini-spa day.  It's become more and more important to me over the years that I own the responsibilty of celebrating myself and not expect others to do it for me.  Instead of relying on a mind-reader to find me the perfect present, I just get what I want for myself and do what I want for myself.  That way, all the people around me are free to express themselves as they see fit.  I find that loving myself this way has extracted a lot of angst from birthdays.

Still.
 I wonder what Joel has up his sleeve?!
I HOPE IT'S A BABY.


You Might Also Like

7 comments: