it's my birthday and i'll wish if i want to...

July 14, 2011 candacemorris 7 Comments

 (or these gorgeous YSL Vintage Cat Eyes)


royal blue denim

ink well and pen


(yep.  we're all a'board that crazy train)


a gorgeous headboard for the bedroom makeover project that I might start someday
(see the beginning of my inspiration board here)

A simple list, no?

July is always such a great month for me - and a particularly great time to have a birthday!  I don't have to share it with almost anyone or any other holiday (poor Joel, a xmas baby).  Because I am deeply organized and a religious list-maker, I've populated ever-so-many cyber wish lists (apparel, all kinds of ideas, books, for the home, etsy,).

We leave this morning with three other couples to celebrate with me by camping here.  A Thursday-Sunday of bloody mary's, silly card games, and praying that it doesn't rain.  Should be a hoot!

After we return from camping, I plan to celebrate myself by indulging in a mini-spa day.  It's become more and more important to me over the years that I own the responsibilty of celebrating myself and not expect others to do it for me.  Instead of relying on a mind-reader to find me the perfect present, I just get what I want for myself and do what I want for myself.  That way, all the people around me are free to express themselves as they see fit.  I find that loving myself this way has extracted a lot of angst from birthdays.

Still.
 I wonder what Joel has up his sleeve?!
I HOPE IT'S A BABY.


You Might Also Like

7 comments:

lulu said...

I've suffered/still suffer from birthday angst and the lack of celebrating self! I wonder what spawns this? maybe next year I'll get it right! ;)

have the loveliest birthday, sounds like its going to be a mighty joyful and relaxing one!

p.s. in the wild...camping...nature...
how WOO-mantic!

cheers!

J*Schofield said...

Candace
Happy Birthday!
I think it is wonderful that you are wishing for a baby, and smart of you to wish for one that comes out of a sleeve instead of the normal route.
(either that or you two are totally doing it wrong)

Happy Birthday!! And congrats on the exciting news!! xo

A baby up a sleeve?
That sounds lumpy.

Also, you're going to LOVE that 50mm.
x

jordan said...

wooooo baby train!! it's a good one to be on, i must say. but you'll know that from all the wee ones in your life already!! looking forward to hearing about a baby candace/joel hybrid!
xo

I've always thought of Joel as more of a no sleeves sort of guy.

jordan said...

also, how brilliant is it to buy yourself what you want for your bday to take the pressure off loved ones and dampen the 'will i feel loved enough' anxiety? i'm going to start doing that this year. brilliant.