summer's bounty

July 05, 2011 candacemorris 3 Comments


Dinner tonight was to be the recreation of an amazing salad I had in San Jose while imposing on the hospitality of Allison.  Kelly and I spoke of it several times after dinner and the following day, trying to pinpoint the dressing.  Tonight's salad was delicious, but not quite right.  Interestingly enough, I had both versions of the salad after a yoga class.  There is something about watermelon after yoga...


Desert tonight was bathing in these summer beauties.  Apparently, I not only have roses; I have BEHEMOTH roses.  They smell like pepper and dirt.

It's so good to be home.

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

LV said...

That salad looks yummy and the roses are beautiful...

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Don't know if the banner is new but if it is I really like it.
Behemoth roses smelling like pepper and dirt-smells just good even thinking about it
I wonder what dressing you were using for the salad...I bet you are smelling rosy like now : )

UmberDove said...

HA!

Yesterday I did the fastest grocery shopping trip know to mankind, buying (1) watermelon, (1) mass of arugula, and (4) heirloom tomatoes JUST to recreate that salad.

It was beyond epic.