The Installation of "Djenne"

May 27, 2011 candacemorris 5 Comments

Many moons ago, Joel and I bought a painting from one of our dearest friends and quite talented oil painter, Jeremy.  "Djenne" has been hanging in art walks across Seattle since then, and I have been scrambling to find a wall big enough to contain her massiveness.  As of last night, my bookshelves occupied the only wall that could hold the painting.  We decided to move them to my little studio and make way for "Djenne."





A shot of my wall with the bookshelves as they used to stand.

Last night, "Djenne" finally came home.  In fact, it was delivered and installed by the artist himself! Such service.  (There may have been a Paseo's sandwich in it for him).



A shot of Jer and Joel installing the painting.


My books and beloved vignettes, newly piled and homeless.



Isn't she a beaut?
It totally changes the feel of the room - it's lighter, less anchored, less womb-like.  I am looking forward to sharing breath, to coexisting, to living together and bonding.

As for my poor, neglected books, they will find new places this weekend.
After I swoon over each one and fondle and sniff their pages, of course.
It's going to be good.

So to you, Djenne, I say, 
Bienvenue a la maison.
And the books will forgive you in time.



Take THAT, generic Ikea art,

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Allisunny S. said...

That is utterly utter.

I love what it did to the space!!!

xoxox,
A

WOW! It really opens up the living room...what a beautiful piece, enjoy watching her with a hot mug of tea and your feet up on the couch! Aloha!

*That painting is so YOU....I know you and entirely understand why it is yours. The universe makes sense again!!!
*Joel shaved. He looks great.
*That Djenne fellow is truly petite.
*Where will you put the stacks of refugees???

UmberDove said...

She's HOME!


Also, by "books and vignettes" do you actually mean "my huge stack of Vogue?" I thought so.

I love that you can see that really old piece in the background too!