lucky me

May 04, 2011 candacemorris 5 Comments

photo

I found a yoga class that meets in one of my favorite buildings in Seattle...and it's roughly a 1-mile walk from my home.  After I left last night's class, I remembered all the reasons I love yoga...the openness it brings both physically and spiritually, the focus on the present moment, and the simply wonderful re-education that the body was made to move and is capable of way more than I allow it.

A good lesson in self-care.
Again.



You might remember this building from the first time I discovered it.



You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Allisunny S. said...

Om indeed, my dear.

xoxox,
Allison

I haven't been to Yoga in about a month now. April was a beast of a month that consumed every hour of my life - and let me tell you I noticed the difference. I noticed letting my self discipline slide, and my self love fade a bit. Back to yoga I must go!
xo
Jaime

Unknown said...

My roommate Andrew started getting me to shoot hoops with him at the park and it has been a similar experience for me-- rediscovering that our bodies were made for movement and energy and our hearts need that exhilaration!! Good word, sis.

Devon said...

I was subconsciously channeling your yoga bug yesterday. I attended a prenatal yoga class in my neighborhood. Mostly to try and meet some people. I might have come across as over-the-top giddy for social interaction. Hopefully I didn't scare them away...

I heart that place, I used to live very nearby and it was always on my jog route...just so I could catch a glimpse of those amazing windows, the beauty and character of such an old building! What a great place for an evening yoga class!