tea revives you

April 06, 2011 candacemorris 8 Comments

photo
photo
photo
photo
gelato!

The Story of A Night:
A husband and wife, having just finished eating a dinner of pasta and cucumber salad, sat on the couch to converse.  Her blood felt heavy in her veins, a sadness slowing her bones.  As the sun set, their eyes began to droop.  Feeling unable to stomach bedding themselves at 8:30pm, they decided to put on their shoes, coats, scarves; she painted her lips.  They braced themselves against the spring wind, mighty and surprising.  Arriving at their favorite local tea shop, she ordered her usual Chai and he some rare form of Jasmine.  They decided to accept the cozy invitation of the lounge chairs and began to peruse the random assortment of books.  She took up a photographic homage to Marlene Dietrich; he leafed through a travel guide to tea shops in the Northwest. Classical music played overhead, the mystical scent of incense infused the air.  Afterward, they stopped for gelato and walked the blocks home; their energy and moods much elevated and invigorated by the fresh air and whimsical spontaneousness.
In short, they felt better.

 

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

... it's just that you look kind of stunning.

what a lovely night.

lulu said...

yes, yes & yes.

that is all.

-lu

Cassie said...

Fantastic you. Both of you.

Hugs, cbm

Dan and I used to go on long treks for gelato all the time when we first dated. I just realized how much I missed that time! Strolling, unwinding from the day, and sharing a tasty treat.
Perhaps this weekend is the perfect time to bring back that ritual :-)
xo
Jaime

PS - read my blog today? You might want to ;-p

Taddyporter said...

This romantic tale will influence and scent(with tea rose and cardamom)my dreams tonite and will you just LOOK at the lush lips of these two beautiful folk.

I love going into the night unplanned. Last eve I took a short walk in the mist and came upon a barefoot runner(12:30 a.m), we exchanged small smiles both understanding the magic that comes with spring rain, cedar trees and(slowly)emerging paperwhites. A fresh season is unfolding here.

Aloha sexy lips! Sorry, hope that wasn't too crass for you, but I had to...that color looks fabulous on you!

Sean said...

What's up Candace. It's been awesome getting to see what's going on in your life in Seattle.

I saw a movie last night & it made me think of you: "of gods and men." I haven't seen a movie that touched me so much in years. Have you seen it? I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Like I said, after I watched it, you & Joel came to mind. Speaking of Joel, I'm on my 8th all grain batch...

Blessings,