the weekend report

February 13, 2011 Candace Morris 9 Comments

The weekend included the following:
the post-skate happiness

Thursday night's post-skate drink.  We had to sooth our battle wounds from a particularly clumsy/raucous time on the floor.  My tail-bone is still hurting.  I also acquired my first "rink rash" which makes me feel pretty bad-ass.  My sister is so freaking much fun to skate with.   You should meet her and try it.

photo
photo
photo
Dinner with friends on Friday night.  It's my new favorite way to spend evenings.

photo
photo
A bit of an angsty Saturday which led to baking bread and cooking a soup of potatoes and leeks.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
A strangely peaceful Sunday morning with the Saint.  We tried a new breakfast spot and then walked around the farmer's market.  I picked out a bouquet of tulips for my V-day present, and we strolled arm in arm in the most romantic way.

In the natural ebb and flow that marriage brings, I try to be patient in the ebbs.  We've been in a particularly long ebb and have been working very hard to ride it out soulfully and honestly.  We've done a lot of exhausting work and I would be lying if I said it wasn't grueling and abysmal at times.  I am happy to report that even in the midst of hard work, I am still deeply in love with Joel...and happier to report that we seem to be heading up out of this shadowy valley, cresting the green hill, and finding our love flow easy again.

I love life today.  I hope the same for you, if not now...then very, very soon, my dears.
We all deserve it.


You Might Also Like

9 comments: