weekend at home report: sat/sun edition

April 27, 2010 candacemorris 7 Comments

After I slept in waaaaay late on Saturday morning, the saint made me crepes.  As I brrrrrrrrrrrrd my steamed milk for a cafe au lait, I stood in front of my screen door and nursed my wearied eyes with the greenery beyond the glass.  




LE
SIGH.



We then enjoyed a lazy breakfast, followed by a short jaunt around the property to discover what I had missed by way of blooms.  Look at my gorgeous daffodils!  That is the very first thing IN EVER that I've planted.  Satisfying indeed. 
This is the crab apple tree we planted in early March.  It's starting to bloom!


This is our maple...it has the most amazing fire flame in fall.



After a nibbly lunch of peppered cheddar, smoked gouda, crunchy baguette, and heavy red Barbara, we got ourselves ready for the evening festivities...a party in my honor!

This is a delicious "tatin" Devon made from Ina Garten's Barefoot in Pariscookbook
(which is on my wishlist now!)

And this would be all of us enjoying it.


We stayed up really late, so Sunday morning was another late one.   With two cups of steaming herbal tea, the saint and I sat out on our porch to enjoy the sunshine cascading through the evergreens. 


Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day in the 70s and we spent the rest of it at my home number two...
Joel's parents.
Dad found some frog's eggs.  EWWWW.  
He fed them to his fish.

I am not sure I could ever convey what true peace awaits all who walk onto the Morris estates.  Olive greeted me with a cute little polka-dot dress and newly chubby cheeks.  A pair of geese had a family last week on Dad's pond, and since I had never seen goslings, I was so disappointed when I heard they had already left.  Well, they made an appearance on Sunday!  It was like God and Washington are attached at the hip or something.   After my photo shoot on the property, Mom made a veritable feast, and we settled into the evening watching old slides, which is one of my very favorite family activities.

SO CUTE.

And speaking of cute...





And oh my family...





It truly was a perfectly relaxing weekend, full of love and true gratitude for all that my life is right now, and I came back to my sister and my beautiful niece full of energy and renewed perspective.





Can you feel the love?
XXOO
~crm



April 2010 : A trip home
See more details above.

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Allisunny S. said...

Yeah!!!!! :)
What a sweet post!!

xoxox,
Allison

The Jodi(e)s said...

hello, i followed a little crumb trail of some sort over to here - lucky me!
the title of your blog got me immediately - i am reading this amazing book(the freedom manifesto) and it has a whole chapter on why melancholy is not necessarily a bad thing. serindiptious.
there is so much photographic goodness in your post! you truly seem to live a life full of love. "it was like God and Washington were attached at the hip or something." - so good, ha ha!

sorry for blathering, just appreciating!

love&light!

What a relaxing,fun weekend! Glad you got well filled back up for the week!

Snailentina said...

Oh my! Daffodils, goslings, crepes, love :) A lovely weekend indeed!

Unknown said...

what a pleasure to be me, a witness to this photo-op life.

Beautiful photographs! I found you through a friend I met in Parker, AZ as I was riding my horse through there. I started the ride in L.A. and we are headed to New Hampshire. I'm on my Arab and have a sweetie in a truck watching over us. :)
Anyway, thanks for the storied and pictures!

UmberDove said...

I'm going to cut out those last two picks and pop them in a little locket to wear around my neck so that you and the Saint can travel around with me.