the comforts of sunday

April 18, 2010 Candace Morris 9 Comments

I do not wish to sound excessively dramatic here, but I have done something today that has boosted my spirits quite beyond expectation.  I have (for the first time in CRM history) made a batch of Honey Whole Wheat bread (recipe via UmberDove, who first introduced me to the viability and beauty of baking bread at home even without a bread maker).  Now I know it's just cooking, and just bread at that, but I feel like I have now somehow joined in solidarity and comradery with generations of women throughout history...all the hands that have kneaded out of necessity, hunger, love, craftsmanship.

I have been in great quest for the simple.  
(even more simple than usual)

AND...

Voila!
J'adore cuisiner!

Sigh.  It feels good.
It just feels soooo damn good.


~crm

You Might Also Like

9 comments: