the comforts of sunday

April 18, 2010 candacemorris 9 Comments

I do not wish to sound excessively dramatic here, but I have done something today that has boosted my spirits quite beyond expectation.  I have (for the first time in CRM history) made a batch of Honey Whole Wheat bread (recipe via UmberDove, who first introduced me to the viability and beauty of baking bread at home even without a bread maker).  Now I know it's just cooking, and just bread at that, but I feel like I have now somehow joined in solidarity and comradery with generations of women throughout history...all the hands that have kneaded out of necessity, hunger, love, craftsmanship.

I have been in great quest for the simple.  
(even more simple than usual)

AND...

Voila!
J'adore cuisiner!

Sigh.  It feels good.
It just feels soooo damn good.


~crm

You Might Also Like

9 comments:

Vile-ette said...

That bread looks AMAZING. I love kneading bread. I imagine it is similar to that feeling some people get when working out. I'd rather knead bread than run a mile ANY day ;)

Snailentina said...

There's nothing like baking your own bread. Would it be too much to ask you to post the recipe for that beauty?

The recipe is listed in the post...a link. It was so tasty!

emilyclare said...

Must try this, looks soooo good.

Looks delish! Bake on baker ;) a little cheese & wine & you've got dinner!

BC said...

Looks awesome girl, I can smell it wafting through the house now...

UmberDove said...

SHUT UP!


LOOK AT THAT GUSSIED-UP, BUTTER-BUNS, LOAF OF LOVELINESS!



Will you FexEx me some? After all, I AM still eating butter...














and:

i'm really flipping, bursting, bubbling-over proud of you. you are a woman and a goddess. i love you and your floury shirt too.

Leiflet said...

DId i tell you that we're hooked on the no-knead recipe from NYTimes? It's amazing-- 15 minutes of active work. The bread leaves you speechless, really.

Emily L. said...

Um, I MAY have eaten an entire loaf of homemade bread today. And by may, I mean I definitely did.