ON TO THE NEW...An Invitation to January's Photo Assignment

December 27, 2009 candacemorris 11 Comments





Happiest of evenings to you, fellow survivors of the yule-log cheer:

I write to you fireside this quiet eventide.  The saint and I both recline with hot tea and our feet sharing a stool, laptopping to our heart's gluttonous content.  I feel a snack inclination and I imagine we'll head into the media room to continue 30-Rocking here soon, but I wanted to share my greetings.  I truly must have the most blessed life, for my advent seasons are not very stressful (I'm gathering it's because we are very much still the children in our family and don't do a whole lot of work to pull of Christmas).  Joel and I always do our own thing on some random day, and it's full of tradition all our own.   I feel proud to have our family firmly established in these joys before we actually procreate.  

By the way, there is no procreating on the agenda for 2010, I must regret to inform all of those nosy enough to ask and all those polite enough not to.  

Ah, I digress.
Let's move on, shall we?


So, January is just around the corner, and after my post-champagne coma to come, I would like to propose  January's 12-month challenge, which is to say, I will be hosting another photo community gathering on Flickr!  So get ready.


For the entire month of January, I would like to invite you to participate with me as I take photographs and share them.  The theme will be "Daily Bread"...that which brings us nourishment...be it bread, beer, or bologna...I want you to take a picture of any meal or food or drink or snack with the intention of honoring that which nourishes your physical body throughout the day.  This group shall be silly and serious, meaningful and light-hearted, professional and casual.  

Please go HERE if you would like to join...




Rules for "DAILY BREAD"

  1. YOU MAKE YOUR OWN RULES (but if you need external rules (like MEeeeeE), here are a few suggestions:)
  2. Take 1 photograph per day - No need to set up photo shoots, the goal here is to get a glimpse into our everyday lives, our everyday souls, even if it's plain grilled cheese every single day.
  3. Upload it to your Flickr account.
  4. Add the photo to the group pool here.
  5. Comment on the other pictures as you see fit.
And that's pretty much it!
So, WHOSE IN?

Also, in case you are curious, the blog community I follow
has been doing these photo gatherings for quite some time...
you can see them HERE, HERE, and HERE.

JOIN ME!
crm

You Might Also Like

11 comments:

emilyclare said...

Dearest friend, I am glad to see you have made it through the great yule fest with such warm and joyful cheer... I have joined the group; it is my great pleasure and honour to partake in another of your challenges... especially when it involves stuff so dear to my heart (and stomach) x

jordan said...

YAY!! can't wait for the group...thinking i might buy a new (point and shoot) camera for myself so maybe this is the way to get to know it. and OF COURSE i'm excited to photograph my food...food is one of my most loved things in the whole world. so, great idea, can't wait to start!!!

Michele said...

I love your procreation update!

Excellent to just get it out of the way before the year even starts.

I'm learning to say "no" more and to mean it. As a chronic volunteer at the kids' school, it's tough some days.

BC said...

Boo for your anti-procreating mindset. Get with it you two. I'll baby sit.

UmberDove said...

I'm in, though my photo-postings may be spotty and filled with nothing but coffee (looking like a BUSY month, the ol' kick off to 2010).

UmberDove said...

Whoa, wait, BC and we're simul-commenting... and I do have to warn you, we will be the ones to teach your offspring sneaky words like "mullet" and "o.g." so just think about that before you sign us up for babysitting in 2011.

UmberDove said...

oh, in my simul-shock I got a little grammatically stupid... but you still get my point, right?

Emily L. said...

Ooo, I'm excited! I feel like all I did over the holidays was photograph every morsel of food I made and ate...

Dutch said...

I'd better stock up on ramen, I guess.

Happy to join the challenge. Though, you will most likely see pictures of several alcoholic drinks. I like variety.
I completely understand the whole procreating dilemma. :) J's parents have thrown several hints our way that they are ready for a grandchild. As much as i love children there are still a few things i want to check off my list.

I join. I join happily.