DECEMBER, I WELCOME THEE INTO MY BOSOM

December 02, 2009 candacemorris 5 Comments

Well, in the 12-month challenge, November was BY FAR my favorite month - perhaps because people joined me in it.  And yet again, I am humbly reminded that I am not an island; community is an integral part to inspiration and self-care.   It was cool not only to form new friendships, but to both give and receive written mail.  All of the challenges represented in the 12-month challenge are selected because I want to increase these things in my daily life...so I do hope that I'll be able to continue writing mail two or three times per week.


It's fun to be in a house where my mail has been received...it's like MAGIC!

So far, the months have gone a little something like this:

  • August: Stick to a budget
  • September: Claim the space for my new country home
  • October: 25 photographs per day
  • November: The month of mail - write a piece of mail each day.

So now the question remains, what to do with December?  We are already TWO WHOLE days into it, and I think perhaps this month will continue the writing theme.  Last December, I hosted a photography collaboration on Flickr called A Shot in the Dark: December Evenings...it was so fun.  I miss those collaborations, and in the name of that, might do one in January.

So December, you busy little month, you...how about this.  Every day for December I shall commit to journaling.  Journaling is something I do regularly, though not regularly enough for my taste, and since most of what I read are other artists' journals, I am inspired to do the same.  Shall you join me?

I did not bring my journal on my trip, and I won't return to it until December 11, so I think I might just have to type it...bah humbug.  I like pens and scratchy sounds on paper.

Maybe my saint will bring it with him when he joins me this weekend for our trek home.

Or maybe this month should be a commitment to finish my now WAY TOO LONG read of The Brothers Karamazov.  I am losing quite a bit of continuity prolonging the read over so many months.  Russians do not like to be put on hold like this, and I can feel myself loosing grip on Fyodor's message.  Perhaps I shall drink vodka, eat caviar, and read every night?  Hmmm.

As you can see, I am still a bit undecided.  Perhaps then December should be the month of indecision.  That should be fun.


Wishing you lots of hot coffee and chocolate cupcakes, trust me, it makes a grand breakfast,



You Might Also Like

5 comments:

I just started the Brothers Karamazov today. You better get crackin' because if I finish before you I win. I'm not sure what I will win, but I sure will have won it.


How's that for a challenge?

I thought you said you weren't doing any more epic novels after "Les Miserable." Hmmmm.

It is a challenge, actually.

jordan said...

oh man, i was really hoping for a revisitation of shot in the dark...BUT it might just serve to fuel my desire for a new 'better' camera, so maybe it's a bad idea ;)
BUT it was so great to get into the xmas spirit with everyone else's photos, no?

UmberDove said...

November was MY favorite month as well, but I do think that has much to do with the long line of correspondence strung up over my windows!

Let's make it a date - I'm in for a January photo-challenge!

Yes I did say no more epic novels for a time, but like you've said in the past I am a bit of a literary glutton. Also, I did not think of it as an overly large novel because my book is deceptive: the pages are so thin that it appears to be only 300-400 pages though it is over 700 and it is a very small font. Quite frankly, I am worried that I won't make time to finish it this month.