let's play house: an ode to the surprise of saturday contentment

February 28, 2009 candacemorris 4 Comments

while the saint sautees some chard to accompany our stuffed peppers, i thought i would jump on the computer and wish you a happy saturday - and even better, a happy saturday night. hopefully you have found your groove for the day, forgiven your spouse for buying an xbox, sipped a spot of vodka, pet your sweet kitty, and eased into your evening.

new growth
before i relay the goodness of the day, i would like to show off the newest addition to le chateau du bookling! this bright spurt of color and growth is so beautiful. i do love new growth...

my day has been quite lovely. the mister and i slept way too late, made a tasty eggy-pesto breakfast, headed out for our chiropractor appt and a quick bit of household shopping (including our first ever catnip purchase). after that, i did some chores and made the saint follow me around with the camera so i could document my productivity for you all.


wishy-washy



grandmother's lamp
grandmother's lamp (which the saint put up for me today)

after i finish this, i will resume my online grocery shopping, do my nails, and play house with the saint as he tries to coerce me into video gaming with him. (did you know i feel about videogames as i feel about harry potter? and this is a bad time to admit that i played (and sang) rockband last night at my cousin's house. it was fun. i admit.)

but i am bored with talking about productivity.
i just want to feel good at the end of the day, and arriving at that is every person's battle.

toot-a-looo in all my quiet cheer,
crm

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it is indeed comforting to see that lamp up again. it issues its warming amber light on all my sweet memories of the home we knew so well.

UmberDove said...

I will sing with you a little ode to Saturday contentment:

I reworked the mosserariums. I ate way too much 5-layer bean dip standing up in the kitchen with BC. I mailed out one birthday package and three bits of correspondence. I worked on orders for a few hours but never felt that pressure to produce. I felt content and successful at the end of the day. And that felt beautiful.

"in all my quiet cheer..."

oh how true. and how quiet.
your note arrived, at the perfect time, of course. it's ahead of me now, i letting my eyes wrap around the words and i'm officially waiting for the time when we can bed down in some grass together to enjoy the afternoon light.

love.
you.







so.
much.

I adore the new plant and the hanging pot! I too am needing some new beautiful little planties (a funny little play on word for you...'sounds like....') for our house. And...I LOVE seeing you in your house cleaning clothes. So familiar...nostalgic. Makes me miss the times we cleaned together on Sat mornings.