musings of an alchoholic

August 02, 2008 candacemorris 6 Comments

the beginning of friday night
the ending of friday night



i am feeling rather pitiful, this post midnight hour.

i am realizing of late that i think i drink too often. i want to try a week without. this week, the total count from monday night:
11 cocktails.

the problem with drinking = talking.

i talk way too much when i drink and then i ride all the way home and think, "oh dear god, i wish i hadn't said that." i cringe inside when the alcohol gives my hyper-critical internal voice the wings to let loose and fly around those i love.

what embarrassment is mine.

it also makes me feel sorry for myself.
why can't i make lovely things?
why can't i be someone else?
why. why. why am i entirely directionless and lost?

it's the most bewitching hour, and i think i will instead
s
l
ee
p.

~crm

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Ditto.

Please tell Joelio that I feel a great fondness for his shirt.

"tell her i thought of her when i bought it."

BC said...

"why. why. why am i entirely directionless and lost?"

Oh my sweet mme. We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
together on this. Let's throw a pity party for us on your roof top deck!

BC said...

Oh, and I can't wait to see the new hair color in person!

BC,
I will throw a pity party in our honor, complete with salt water and whiskey.

do you know how much i love you being my neighbor? it feels like the universe aligns and maybe someday...
we can float on a star together, laughing at our silly projecting spouses.