le countdown

August 29, 2008 candacemorris 4 Comments

things i am infatuated with of late:


1. saying:

2. my neighborhood.

  • joel and i were very restless foxes in our foxhole last night...and so we deiced to take an urban walk...after a stop at B&O Espresso for numi green tea and a spot of chocolate (ignore my recent posts about eating well. NO DON'T..but I did have a moment of weakness started (thanks a lot) by Umber's peach pie that lead to another moment of weakness in the Devils Food Cake. le fuck!).
  • we walked north on Harvard all the way to the famous St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral


    View Larger Map
  • and then we went back again. this neighborhood is full of lovely and NICE old homes (bringing in a cool couple million). the streets are covered in oaks and maples and cottonwoods and evergreens. the pre-autumnal breeze romanticized us and we floated for 1.5 hours down the streets. le sigh.

3. Grapes

4. Hulu.com Last night I watched two episodes of FAME! Oh man, my big sister used to watch this and it's just so horrible and great. What could be more entertaining than a bunch of talented kids going to a performing arts high school running into their teachers at broadway tryouts! LE DRAMA.

5. Water. This is sad. I have had only 1 alcoholic beverage this entire week! I am on a new eating program and while I can still drink, I have to choose b/w a glass of wine or a piece of bread...and right now, I am choosing food. I am sure this will change.

LE LIST? BOOM.
get sim card on iphone fixed. grr.
go to woman doctor. double grr.
grocery shop for dinner. minor grr. (lots of walking)
go to library to pick up movies.
go see Neko Case (i HOPE! still waiting to hear about tickets! BENNNN????)
DRINK A BEER. oh how i have craved you, Belgian-ale. le GULP.
buy three plants w/ Devon on our date to
Molbaks. le WHOOT.
plan the grand reorganization of the closet. le triple grrrr, but still feels nice.

le adieu,
c'est moi.

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

UmberDove said...

Le Fabulouso.

I knew that peach pie was going to be as temping as the Apple in Eden. Imagine what kind of debauchery Eve would have fallen into if the Devil had used a peach!

I'm such a rouge what with my pie baking, chair slipcovering, and tequila swilling. Sorry to lead you down the dark path.

when you talked about eve I only saw the intro to desparate housewives:). Also you can lead me down the dark path of desert anytime!! At least we know you'll be wearing white.

she said...

my favorite part of this post (though it was very difficult to choose just one)?

"le whoot"

how CUTE!
(that rhymes)
or should i have said,
trop mignon!

le weekend est arrive! finalement!

Devon said...

Umber, you stole me first line! Le sigh on being le late on posting. Cannot wait for plants at Molbaks...oh, you will see me at the one and only place I impulse buy.