cheeseburgers and booze

August 06, 2008 candacemorris 7 Comments

Before you do anything, read this. Then respond.

Okay, so back to what I was saying.

I am immensely proud of my will-power. I FINALLY went back to Weight Watchers after 1 month of avoiding the scale. I had been wavering b/w settling on this weight and then just toning up or trying to reach my goal - which would mean another few* pounds.

* purposefully vague so i can avoid the inevitable gushing: "oh-my-gawd-you-are-so-crazy-why-do-you-even-want-to-loose-any-more-weight-you-look-so-good-wanna-go-get-some-chocolate-cake?."

anyway. so the scale wasn't as bad as i imagined - and can easily curb some of the (3-5) drinks i have nightly in order to shed that weight. cough*easily*cough.

but last night, i swear to the gods, i was ATTACKED by demons of food. when i came home, i ate dinner w/ my hubby and helped myself to splitting some seconds with him. and then i took a little nappy and read my book - but all throughout the rest of the night, through a movie, through doing the laundry, through planning out my vacation to California, i wanted one thing.

a cheeseburger.

it's so uncouth to crave such silly icons of American culture, but i love me some cheeseburgers. it does NOT help to live five blocks from a great greasy, cheap cheeseburger stand - Seattle's famous Dick's Burgers. And THEN when I was watching Half Nelson (a pretty great watch, btw), there was a scene at a diner with french fries, cheeseburgers, milkshakes. This did not further the plot by any means nor did it have anything to do with anything, but- dear god the power of suggestion. (incidentally, i always crave what people are eating in movies/TV. Jess and I ordered Chinese food the moment we sat down to marathon the first two seasons of Sex In the City - guess what the girls were eating?)
So after seeing the characters chowing down on some tasty burgers, we totally would have walked up to Dick's, but didn't have any cash. (what the hell is WITH cash only places, anyway?! it's really f'ed up.)

So I am very impressed with myself b/c I didn't give into the cheeseburger. Though, looking back, it would have saved me all of the following calories trying to fill the cheeseburger-shaped whole inside.

Instead:
1.5 burritos
1 tequila
2 glasses of wine
1 oatmeal cookie
1 s'more with peanut butter
1 giggle fest where joel holds me up over his head and then drops me on the bed
1 massage

You only WISH you had my discipline.

Also, I plan on NOT giving up alcohol this week (see post) because tomorrow joelio and i take flight to Redding, CA to see my bff - miss jackie and her two childs. I WAS going to see her hubby, but alas, he was called to a strike team yesterday (since the whole west coast is on fire this summer).

Plans:
Drink
Eat
Swim
Hot Tub
Drink
Giggle uncontrollably
Shop
Drink
Pee our pants with laughter
See Andrew and Drink
Hang out with the kids
Drink

Yeah, that sums it up.

Have the happiest of the next five days - I plan to.

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

BC said...

You know what would help with the few* pounds, go jogging with Kelly. I did yesterday and after I was done cussing and ranting and almost puking, I felt great!

i might have too much pride to jog with someone such as your lady. i am intimidated as hell of running in general, so adding to it someone who would have to slow to accomidate...yeah, not my cup of tea.

also, what would i wear?! :)

i might have too much pride to jog with someone such as your lady. i am intimidated as hell of running in general, so adding to it someone who would have to slow to accomidate...yeah, not my cup of tea.

also, what would i wear?! :)

i might have too much pride to jog with someone such as your lady. i am intimidated as hell of running in general, so adding to it someone who would have to slow to accomidate...yeah, not my cup of tea.

also, what would i wear?! :)

...you know what else might do it??? Eating nothing but air and sugarcubes for a couple of weeks....BAH.......down with the bathroom scale...........my vote is for the cheeseburger and booze.

So much more satisfying.

UmberDove said...

Yeah, you will notice that there is NEVER a scale of any kind (or tape measure) in my house - the very wise BC removed all those things when we got married to avoid that whole "crazy-neurotic-wife-thing" - which would happen to me in a big way.

That said, I am VERY proud of you (especially after your choice of sorbet, next to my choice of fudge ice cream, tonight at Ben and Jerry's) and know that you can do it, and do it wisely and intelligently. And still drink. Sweet.

she said...

cheeseburger...drool. oh no, i think i just discovered that i'm influenced to crave whatever people are blogging about...

glad you enjoyed Half Nelson, sorry it caused further craving of aforementioned article of food which i shall not name again.

thanks for your comment in support of Plume on my blog - i enjoyed this post immensely and will be back(if that's all right by you, that is)!