Time Stamp

August 17, 2011 candacemorris 5 Comments

RIGHT NOW
My space


Kefir Smoothie


Dahlia Bunch, $5

summer's (organic and local) bounty
___________

LATELY



___________

ALL TOO OFTEN

The Saint at The Leary Tavern


The Leary Tavern

DUVEL
__________


a study in blue

Time Stamp
To genuinely feeling
the August of things.
Stand, feet planted on the warmest kitchen tile
seconds and seconds pass.
When did I stop noticing the wind?

Scent of tomato leaves lingering on fingers,
Mingled into the bouquet of pink wine.
Sweet, sharp
forgetting.

Blueberry ink,
Crusty perfection of bread,
Half-hazard slabs of brie.

Afternoons breathing quietly into afterevenings.
Oh Susanna! sells 50-50s.
Nectarines served up warm, with a dash of sideways light.

Ode à août.
To the next chance,
To the replaced peace,
and to summer's imagination,
I aspire.

Everything is growing.


You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Cassie said...

love...

your words, your top, your spirit.
that you and yours enjoy many a brew together. me and mine need to do that. one, two, three, four times soon. xx

Jenna said...

You've quite captured the August of things. There's a secret mirth dancing in your eyes in the leftmost of the triptych. Somehow it makes me feel like you and I are sharing an inside joke and will burst out in laughter together in a moment.

lulu said...

pinpoints marked by words.
a time of change it is, and more change coming. I suspect things will continue to grow!

by the bye, love the series of you gorgeous!

Julie said...

Oh to have your ability to capture feelings, small moments and to somehow make them feel magical and soul sacred.

Here's my shot:

I sat in a hammock
I liked the wind
I liked the trees up above
and I thought
This is nice

:)

bev said...

I MUST have a first edition of your first book of poetry/photography . . . autographed of course. Whatever the cost :) K? You leave me speechless with Nightwatch and now this . . . . . thank you :)