a humble christmas

December 28, 2010 candacemorris 7 Comments

The saint and I spent Christmas in quiet.  I realized throughout the day how rare it is that one gets to do exactly as one wants to do on holidays. We will pull out the big guns with our family Christmas this coming weekend, but actual Christmas was sleepy, full of randomly wrapped stocking stuffers, cinnamon rolls, lots of movies, google tv for the saint and two amazing etsy purchases for me (a gorgeous messenger bag and a tailored-to-me black tuxedo jacket)! and a walk to the pub because suddenly we didn't feel like preparing the big dinner I had planned.  Truly, all I wanted was a contented mind, to allow the angst of the year to subside, to hear my soul resonate deeply with the stillness of the day, that all was at peace with me and I was at peace with all.  I believe I even asked Santa for a good mood.  Thanks, Fatty Clause.  Seems simple, but good moods aren't easy to come by (without vodka) and I'm not taking them for granted.


Happy Holidays, my pets.  If your wishes didn't come true, there is always beer.



It snowed IN the pub!
Now that is what I call a Christmas miracle.


You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Good job. I did not manage to have a quiet Christmas Day, but rather one in which I rushed from one dinner and set of parents to another.

Unknown said...

I don't know anyone who cares for her/himself better than you, Candace. And your house is just perfect (I'm so jealous you are within walking distance of a pub!).

Allisunny S. said...

Merry Christmas, you gorgeous woman.

xoxoxo,
Allison

your quiet Christmas sounds lovely.
Hope your new years is just as wonderful.
xo

Merry Christmas to you...xx

Cassie said...

i ached at the part where you said, "good moods are hard to come by..." I am wishing for you in this upcoming year much ease, peace and contentment...and many happy moods!

Your Christmas is just my style and if we didn't have kiddos, I would have loved to do just as you guys did. The pub--how perfect. I must admit that I envy the fact that you and yours can up and leave for the pub when your thirst needs quenching...but children are nice, too. ;)

You are special. xx

Unknown said...

I also followed suit on the quiet laid back Christmas.
Love the tree!

Merry christmas