the little things

December 22, 2010 candacemorris 2 Comments


20 December 2010

One of my favorite "little things" we do for Christmas is writing clues on the packages we give each other.  It's so much better than a simple To/From tag.  Sometimes it's just a nickname that we use during specific times that might give us insight into the gift, other times a few sentences.  Trying to guess based on the clue is just as fun as the actual gift.  Well, except that Joel makes his almost impossibly obscure.  

20 December 2010

What do you think this one is?


I love little things that combine into a feeling of overall magic.  Jillian's tree contest, my owl ornaments from Kelly, wonderful conversations over dinner with Devon, December Nights photo group, getting together for Niki's mole, wrapping presents, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, drinking mimosas, the dollar store outing for stocking stuffers, etc, etc etc

What are your little things?

UPDATE:
After I wrote this post, I was informed that Joel does, in fact, NOT participate in the giving of clues.  Apparently it's a tradition I made up all by myself to keep that sucker from guessing all his presents like a smart ass.  God, I love him.

Happy Christmas, my holiday elfs.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Leiflet said...

Niki has a pet mole?

Merry Christmas Mme...I make up gift certificates with unusual offerings that confuse Mr.... : )

I have no idea what your clue is...shoes?