weekend report

June 07, 2010 candacemorris 6 Comments


This is what my weekend looked like.




[friday]
groceries arrive at doorstep
5 boxes packed
artichokes and pbr
power outage while trying to catch up on LOST
journaling by candlelight

[saturday]
hair in bandanna
10 boxes packed
new book purchased at recommendation of sister
child's birthday party captured on camera
"true blood" marathon

[sunday]
sleeping way in
spinach, feta, cherry tomato scramble with mimosa and croissant
the big lebowski
finishing packing the kitchen
downloading podcasts from NPR for road-trip (I LOVE "This American Life")
perfect timing to receive a much-needed letter
release to share with a few the great load of living


Here's to the Leaning Tower of Change.
It's moving week.  
We're all treading water in a pool of diffidence and adventure.
It's a great little cocktail 
for feeling alive.

Small Monday Confession:
Does anyone else look forward to it?  Even just a little?

~crm

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Taddyporter said...

OHHHHH the ominous towers of cardboard make me feel a little/lot tired YOU are officially christened Saint Candace. and I recognize that beautiful sloopy handwriting.

pbr=good. cheap. thirst-quenching.

true blood=Bill makes me all swoony in the knees oui?

Mondays=not so much BUT I have a damn fine clean house by nightfall

I know you will take care of yourself but just a reminder, girl with the soul of gold.

Snailentina said...

Moving is exhausting, yet full with possibilities of new arrangements :) Although, that is a lot of boxes and I must confess to be a tad exhausted by just looking at them.

Have a safe road trip, and oh yes TB is the only reason I just bought HBO, oops!!

Yup.
Always a sigh of relief around these parts:)
xx

its moving week for me too, and i am sending good vibes your way...

Change can be good for the soul after the painful part is (mostly) over :)

UmberDove said...

I know it's Wednesday now, but the truth is, I DO look forward to Mondays. It's like an ever cycling restart button, it's an every fresh beginning, it's a brand new chance.

5 days!?!?

sylvestris said...

Monday = reboot = horseradish for the brain = good.

Dorothy
;)