The weekend of gluttenous food consumption

October 26, 2009 candacemorris 3 Comments

If I could write a big sighhhhhhhh, I would.  But imagine with me a weekend of flurry and cooking and cleaning and playing and drinking and socializing and laughing and building fire and karaoking and a wee bit of slumber, and you've had a glimpse into my weekend...which was a good time for sure, but wow...I am exhausted!



 

For Niki's birthday, we gals flew her and her Tice out from NYC to be here.  The boys went on their "food orgy," and the girls came here.  I tell you what, if there is nothing else...these people know how to friggggen cook and friggen eat.  I cannot even recount all the men tasted (frog's legs, escargot, etc), I can vouch for the beauty of food amongst the women and my new home.  Seriously, if you EVER need a party planning/catering service, we're your group!









And I tell you, there is nothing like cooking for and with those you love to make this double-wide feel like a home.



How was your weekend?  There is nothing like Monday to sober a gal up...and never-ending dishes. :)

~crm

p.s. Though she looks cracked out, isn't she cute?!!!


From Oct 25 Weekend (Niki Visit)

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

UmberDove said...

Siiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh........... as well.

I think the sound of rain falling will be my only noise today after such a weekend of beauty and debauchery. But HOLY FUN TIMES was it worth it!

And for the record, I always feel your home is a HOME.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Hurrah for such lovely weekends with lovely people :)

Vile-ette said...

i can definitely join in the big sigh . . . i totally fell asleep in class on Monday and was dreaming of being back by the fire eating bread pudding . . . mmmm