WALKER IN THE WOODS AND 12-MONTH CHALLENGE: A MONTH OF MAIL

October 30, 2009 candacemorris 8 Comments

Yesterday, I took myself out for a walk whilst HOME ALONE!  This was a new experience for me because I went exploring without joel working here from home to make sure I was safe.  This may sound cowardly to you, but to be fair, we do live in a heavily forested region and not only am I unfamiliar with the woods, but it would be unwise for anyone to go traipsing off alone.   Right across the street is a city watershed, so the area is really unpopulated.   I decided I needed to get my blood flowing (my newly found "DUH" way of trying to lighten the mood), so I threw on my lime green rubber boots, packed a handful of candy corns, grabbed my pocket-journal and went.










Though it was a successful trip (my legs are sore and it helped my bleak outlook considerably), I was disappointed that I was still distracted by the 4 humans I encountered as they drove by.  One guy in a Chevy was lurking around a gate to enter a trail (though I didn't know it at the time and was rather creeped out) and I may have dodged into a wooded canopy in order to become unseen.  This is comical to me today...wasn't so yesterday.  Also, I sat on a log and got my bum very wet.  But I was very proud of myself for facing my fears and gathered a twig to commemorate the event.  By the time I leave this place, I will have a slew of twigs by which to remember these walks...which will be important because I have a wee hunch that the candace who leaves this place will be a different candace than entered it.  I do not foresee me being more comfortable in the woods than in the city, but I do hope that I can be in the forest and really see it instead of only seeing me in it.  Did that make any sense?! :)












What's on your agenda for Friday?  I am feeling so much better than yesterday...as I was in such a funk (read: I attempted a carrot soup that came out looking and tasting like baby food.  It boiled over at one point and splattered onto my eyelid, promptly burning the flesh. The only thing that helped was a dairy queen blizzard and four hours of LOST).  Today I am moseying through craigslist to find that perfect chair, perhaps headed to Ikea to buy new plants, and taking a lunch-time walk with the saint.   It's a granola bar, green tea, and a hopeful outlook for me today.

HERE'S AN EXCITING NEW PROSPECT FOR YOUR NOVEMBER!!!
READ ON....

November's 12-month challenge will be the month of mail here at Booklings Manor.  I will send out a piece of correspondence every single day for the entire month.  Dear friends, for this challenge, I was hoping you might join me!  The easiest way to do this is in a postcard exchange.  Stock up on postcards, jot out a paragraph, and send it off!  It doesn't have to be sent every day, you could write one per day and then send them all out on Saturday.

I am hoping to orchestrate the participants so that those writing posts will also be receiving posts.  Do tell me below or email me at candacemorris at gmail dot com if you are interested in doing this with me!  Then, pop on out and stock up on postcards.  If you need ideas, I love the postcards for sale here, or make your own!  We'll begin November 1st!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

1. Those forest shots are Ecclesiastical.
2. You know I'm up for month of mail.
3. Sorry about the eyelid. You should have burned the soup for the sake of retribution.

What a lovely idea. I love postcards! I love personal mail! I pay all of my bills online and email all of my friends. I don't think I have received anything in the mail in over 3 years (besides coupons and more coupons).
I love your blog and Jillian's and Kelly's...I check it at least every other day and think you ladies are all just wonderful.

Plumey,
Well, didn't eat the soup. Got a cheeseburger instead. HA! Take that uneaten soup!

Miss Change,
Glad to see you here! Shoot me an email with your name and I'll sign ya up for the postcard exchange!

she said...

oh my! this will be a challenge for me as i'm still not sure where my stationery is packed...but i want to join anyway :) i'll email you my soon-to-be address straightaway!

UmberDove said...

YES! I just read this and got so excited I left your blog directly and purchased a set of postcards on Etsy I've been eyeing for the last couple weeks. I LOVE EXCUSES TO SPEND MONEY.

Also, the forest photos are exceptional - they seem to be creeping into your camera lens and daily speak more like common friends and less like foreigners. I loved the old CRM but I know I'll love the new CRM (as she slowly comes around) just as much.


MISS CHANGING - I best be receiving your address because NO ONE should go for such a mail-dry-spell. I've already got a new postcard with your name on it...

emilyclare said...

I am swooning over those forest images, wanting so much to be there (and not here in a stiff chair contemplating an overdue essay)

And, yes i'd love to take part in the postcard challenge too.

Michele said...

Are those Brach's candy corns and mellocremes in your hands?

I am so so so jealous!

Canada has very little candy corn and what I've found is sadly disappointing.

Is it too late to join the postcard exchange?

Lovely shots as already states many times.
I don't think I can do a whole month of mail but I will check on your blog for sure.
I just wanted to tell you that last year I bought a whole load of post cards from the same artist in France, except I did not go through Etsy. What a coincidence!

Happy Month of Writing to you!