Never too late...

June 21, 2009 candacemorris 5 Comments

teasing is their love language

Let's shoot things together.

It always does my soul quite good to hang out with my father, the one who raised my husband. A good man begetting a good man is rare and moving to behold.

<span class=

a patient and gifted teacher and a boy who bites his lip

and to me, he's been redemption.

daddies

dad and i

Dad and I playing memory on vacation

_____

He always celebrated me...
And to my step-father, the man that was always there. Always steady. Always willing. Always eager to love. Always remembers me...

_____


His heart is big...and broken.

Dad and I, Easter, 1979

And to my daddy...whose enigmatic, broken love still bolsters me, despite everything.
_____

and to a few other dads who are setting a new standard for fatherhood in our generation.
i admire you, boys.

Steve and Delaney Dunlap

<span class=

_____

Scott and Teresa
and to those to be a father this year...


Happy Father's Day.




A bright white bundle of peony, honoring a father I really like, a scalding bath, a facial mask, early to bed, falling asleep to the silence of summer rain.

How was your self-care Sunday?
crm


You Might Also Like

5 comments:

jordan said...

your sister is strikingly beautiful. she really is.


and what a nice post! how lucky you are to have such a loving, close family of in-laws. that's a great thing.

Devon said...

Beautiful. I am overwhelmed by the "fathers" in your life. Truly wonderful and amazing.

And boy how Joel and his dad look alike! No mistaking that family relation!!

Jean said...

What a beautiful tribute! Those pictures brought back so many great memories. But it was your words that brought such happy tears to my eyes (they so often do!) as they rang true in my heart the affirmation of two really amazing men. We are truly blessed.

she said...

love this, mme. especially love the photo of you and joel's dad with the book, in the window. something so intimate about it. i have thoughts on this whole fatherhood thing that i'll share with you at a later date...

emilyclare said...

What a beautiful post... to know you more, to see what fathers have influenced your life and love.