Never too late...

June 21, 2009 Candace Morris 5 Comments

teasing is their love language

Let's shoot things together.

It always does my soul quite good to hang out with my father, the one who raised my husband. A good man begetting a good man is rare and moving to behold.

<span class=

a patient and gifted teacher and a boy who bites his lip

and to me, he's been redemption.

daddies

dad and i

Dad and I playing memory on vacation

_____

He always celebrated me...
And to my step-father, the man that was always there. Always steady. Always willing. Always eager to love. Always remembers me...

_____


His heart is big...and broken.

Dad and I, Easter, 1979

And to my daddy...whose enigmatic, broken love still bolsters me, despite everything.
_____

and to a few other dads who are setting a new standard for fatherhood in our generation.
i admire you, boys.

Steve and Delaney Dunlap

<span class=

_____

Scott and Teresa
and to those to be a father this year...


Happy Father's Day.




A bright white bundle of peony, honoring a father I really like, a scalding bath, a facial mask, early to bed, falling asleep to the silence of summer rain.

How was your self-care Sunday?
crm


You Might Also Like

5 comments: