this is Halloween... Halloween, Halloween.

November 01, 2010 candacemorris 7 Comments

I am a planner.  I suppose several of you may know this about me already, but I just love it.  I excel at it. That being said, I realize how this need to plan tends to wear on me during the Holidays.

Because its officially THE HOLIDAYS.

But one thing I love about Halloween is that I tend to not plan it at all.  Don't get me wrong, I love celebrating it, but I just don't obsesses like I do with Thanksgiving and even more so, Christmas.  There are no menu spreadsheets, shopping lists, budgets, wrapping schedules, cooking chores, gifts to make, or movies to make sure I see.  Halloween is just totally open.

This year was no different, but what I loved about it was that my household rallied pretty last minute and pulled off an intimate family party, complete with decorations and cool food.  I was super excited to hand out candy because we've never lived in a neighborhood that did so...and everyone laughed when that first tricker-treater rang the doorbell because I jumped out of my skin and ran over to the door.  I threw it open and screamed "Happy Halloweeeeeennn!!!" Since I dressed up as a drunk 50's house-wife, it seemed right.  I am sure they were scared, but after I overloaded their sugar receptacles and closed the door, I exclaimed that I hadn't had a surge of that much pure joy in way too long.

ghosts

HIP_310187287.860576

We made paper ghosts.
(idea found here)

cinnamon candy apples
We made cinnamon candy apples
(idea found here)
and we made Halloween Blondies
(idea found at Martha.  Of course)


crying pumpkin by joel
heart eyes by candace


We carved small pumpkins...



We dressed up.

That was fun.








You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Snailentina said...

Looks like fun! I love your costume, very crazy yet fabulous like a Betty Draper of sorts.

My dear friend, it is good to see you back in the city with the wonderful city peoples again! Hoot hoot. x

i like your costume.

And dont let anyone ever tell you that spreadsheets arent fun. :)
xo

she said...

i wish i could've seen that scene: you screaming happy halloween at an unsuspecting child. hee hee.

Drunk 50s housewife...that is too funny!
I am impressed with Martha's pumpkin design- she makes me laugh too..is she a drunk 50s housewife? : )
love the ghosts you made and all the rest...I am sorry to report that we did nothing! That is too sad!

x

Julie said...

I love your little pig!!! Hooray for the holidays! I'm glad I have a kindred spirit in holiday obsession :)

emilyclare said...

Your dress looks sensational, so do those apples. And that first photo, made me all happy and shivery (bit like how I feel when I watch Nightmare Before Christmas or Edward Scissorhands - note if I ever did halloween dressing up which I've never done - they just don't get into it here - I'd be scissorhands. for sure)