house...consider yourself warmed

November 08, 2010 candacemorris 4 Comments

Friday night's housewarming party was great fun.  It was a cold autumn night, and we decided to have our first fire.  With a spicy stew, hot bread, spinach salad, and red wine...we completely introduced my home to its new life.  The night ended with a sigh and a deep sleep of contentment.  I truly am incredibly thankful for the beauty that catches my eye every time I turn around.  Truly.  I wish you could see it.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

It was really, really nice...in that quiet, with family, warm house kind of way.

The rest of the weekend I spent being really rather lazy and letting myself be whimsical.  This included breakfast in bed with a book, watching a Woody Allen film, mac and cheese with wine, perusing my recipes for menu ideas, ooogling the November Vogue, a trip to Nordstrom, a nap with the kitty, happy hour, a chat with one of my best friends, and organizing the home.
Divine.

Saturday Morning
happy hour with the saint
sunday morning menu



You Might Also Like

4 comments:

divine indeed! Divine shots filled with happy contentment..I like it! : )

UmberDove said...

Weekend report HERE I COME!

That is exactly the kind of home I hope to develop...

I like that toe cleavage.