a meal in november

November 18, 2010 candacemorris 6 Comments

One of the ways I love to initiate my house as a home is to cook.  I didn't know this about myself even two years ago, but once I moved onto Capitol Hill (w/in 115 feet of Kelly), she and I used to cook together no less than twice a month, often more.  Though I deciding to teach myself, she was a great motivation.   She often touted it as a way to add a great deal of warmth and soul to your home.  Once we moved here, I admit that something in me was waiting to make this house a bit more complete...until she and I had  shuffled about the kitchen together.  I love cooking, especially when it's not a chore and when it's for several of the people I love.  This past weekend, we decided to make butternut and goat cheese raviolis and amazing gingerbread/pumpkin cupcakes with citrus frosting.


After we filled close to 50 wanton wrappers with butternut squash and a lovely sharp cheese, we topped the raviolis with toasted hazelnuts and fresh sage.  Then we threw together a fabulous winter salad.  I'd say everyone was pleased.


What have you cooked lately that just buttered your biscuits?


I would have snapped a photo of the cupcakes, but I was way WAY too deep in gastronomic bliss to pull myself away.



You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Julie said...

I don't think I've EVER been the first to post an unabashed alcolade! HooraH!

That looks delicious! The one time Tim and I tried to make homemade ravioli, we tried to make the pasta from scratch (not a good option). The pasta came out thick and chewy :P What a great idea to use the wrappers.

Recently, Tim made this for me http://www.food.com/recipe/sirloin-tip-roast-80647
and it was Ah mazing. Lovely thing to come home from work to a delicious smelling (and clean!) kitchen. Yes, Candace, I think we scored on our spouses... :) Love.

jordan said...

dear CRM
the meal looks fabulous. and i agree with kelly's sentiments that cooking a great meal makes a house feel full of love and caring - food is one of my ultimate favourite gifts to give the people i love. On an unrelated topic, i think we should do a december photo group on flickr again...just planting the idea seed, i thought it was a really fun group to be part of!! talk to yo usoon
j

UmberDove said...

I'll butter your biscuits... heehee, or maybe peaches... snorty snort...

Taddyporter said...

What a beautiful meal and lovely company to boot(in boots most likely!)....love to you blonde chickywicky.

Cassie said...

Serious yum. I love that you guys made your own ravioli, and I am always a sucker for a good cupcake. Sounds like you had yourself a marvelous night!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! xo

p.s. Currently, I am cooking Chicken Adobo--a Filipino recipe from my MIL. It is sending a delightful aroma throughout our home.

jessie b said...

yum! Im all about making it from scratch. i recently made black bean and squash burritos that turned out great.