one saturday, late november

November 28, 2010 candacemorris 9 Comments



it is only the images that remain
pictures of one day
one saturday
very
late
that burn the brain of one dame
who continually forgets to remember:

that moods
(like antique stores and hotel lounges)
are as fleeting and transitory
as beauty,
and rejection.
and life.

and saturdays
in late november.

but who also forgets to remember
that the knowledge that things always change
(that it will be better tomorrow
and worse again next week)
doesn't at all change that right now,
in the deepest earliest of nighttime hours,
it is real:
the unkindness,
the gagging rejection,
the sad self-consolation,
the putting of one drunken soul to bed...

on one saturday
in late november.

You Might Also Like

9 comments:

lulu said...

It's 6:00 in the AM here, and I have a few brief moments before heading to work...

It's this raw emotion of poetry that inspires me to break down the 'sharing-barrier' that I myself hold up! awesome.

xox!

-lulu

Unknown said...

Everything you write is music to my ears. I envy and adore the words you sing to us!

xxoo

This November, your trigger finger is pretty deadly. Beautiful images, dear friend.
x

UmberDove said...

sighing a little too deeply beside you.

Unknown said...

what is this i spy? kindness to yourself? analysis that releases you to the now instead of summoning your sorrow for then?

was it the red and gold, the shiny black streets, or the icy breeze on your long walk?

Emily L. said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. I always wonder, what do you do (camera type and/or technique) to get the quality you do? Love it.

she said...

you are loved, always. more and more every day. there's no rewind or takebacks on my love, either. just so you know.

I like this a lot. xx

Devon said...

You need to frame that first photo. Or else I will!