a tribute to catholicbeer

November 04, 2010 candacemorris 6 Comments

The saint likes to shop.  Correction, the saint LOVES to shop...especially when it includes me trying on whatever he wants me to and then spoiling me by buying it for me.  Many of you swoon at this, and I suppose in theory I do too, but I am quite the opposite.  I do not LOVE to shop (physically, as in walking around stores) because I get so hot, annoyed by crowds, frustrated with sizes, etc.   Completely reverse these roles if we are grocery shopping...that guy cannot WAIT to get out of the grocery store, whereas I am dawdling over all the possibilities for cooking.

Because of these discrepancies, I cannot remember the last time he and I shopped together.  If there is one place I avoid like the plauge, it's Larry's Brewing Supply store.  This place is a huge warehouse of strange tubes and barrels of malt and smelly men AND SERIOUS TIME SUCKAGE.  Girls, it's like going to Home Depot with your man, or Gents, it's like going to the fabric/craft store with your lady.  Of course many of you love both, but that's strange. ;)

But it was my turn to be a saint.  This week, I decided to accompany my dearly beloved to get his things for the next brew day (which  is THIS SATURDAY for all you local folks who might want to join).  "Should I wait in the car?"  I knew it would take FOREVER, but he assured me otherwise.

Guess what?
We were in there FOREVER.
As in eons of time.
Eternity.
Infinity.

photo
The saint looking up his recipe. He's standing in front of the barrels of various grains.

photo
the recipe

photo
the grain

photo
the saint talking to none other than Larry himself...since they were out of most things he wanted,
which is why it took forever.

photo
me.
waiting.

photo
20lbs of grain, please.

photo
a bit of advice

photo
me.
still waiting.

45 minutes never felt so long.


Dear Saint,
You owe me an ice-cream cone.  Or a cheeseburger. Or a new pair of shoes. Or a foot rub.
The end.

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Wudrokpapur said...

What a good wife! Its probably an inherited trait...Jean and I both love Home Depot and I love buying her clothes. I probably should supply the foot rub!

Unknown said...

I also love to grocery shop,read labels and ponder the week of cooking. Clothes not so much!

I do though need to find a man that showers me with shoes!

Sometimes you are correct we have to stand their in boredom so we can let them pursue their passion.
(take a book or an ipod next time!)

kathleen xx

Snailentina said...

haha, so true, my husband also likes to shop, but I dread going to this place called 'microcenter' with him which is like a giant computer store. Sometimes I suck it up and pretend to be interested until I can't take it anymore and sit by the magazines or browse the internet on the closes machine. ^_^

UmberDove said...

It's Fry's. I would rather stand in a pond with leaches on my legs on a brilliantly sunny day with no sunglasses than go into Fry's. I loathe that store.

Also, Larry is pretty much perfect as far as photos go - been drinking beer longer than we've been alive I'm sure.

Lastly, tell the Saint I'm going to squeeze him SO tight in nine days.

You look pretty when you wait.
Pretty like a fox.

Em in SF said...

But... but... but.... Home Depot is such a fun place to waste a day!

The grocery store is my nemesis. I think it has something to do with my perverse relationship with food. Hmmmm

p.s. I hope you got shoes.

p.p.s. Plume is right.