the weekend report

June 13, 2011 candacemorris 4 Comments

 

It was a good weekend.
I kissed the sky.
BC came to play.
We saw a movie
and slowed ourselves to a snail-like pace
because my lover and I,
we are a slow-moving folk.


And this weekend, there was no race.

We could have created one, we have several to enter,
but I do think it's a quality we've held dear for many years now,
a character trait worth practicing.
The ability to rest and rest well.

It's damn hard work.

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Nate Pike said...

I do love moving slowly. My lady Britt and I got the chance to have a weekend B&B getaway on an island up around Vancouver way recently. The hard part was coming back and feeling the city rush sink back in and remembering the joy of time for toast, coffee and togetherness.

you reminded me of an SNL skit but perhaps you are too young for it....if you know the one, you will laugh and if not it does not matter...a slow lovely weekend means a very good one : )

That third shot.
Whew!

UmberDove said...

Just so you know, I hounded BC for every last detail.

Also, you are beyond striking. Just wanted you to know.