the longest day of the year

June 21, 2011 Candace Morris 4 Comments


ever popular wind
kite
puff
sun salutation
my lovah
10:04pm - June 21, 2011
10:04 pm

10:33pm - June 21, 2011
10:33 pm

It's nearing 11:00 pm, and I'm just now seeing black.  
Summer nights in the PNW are a phenomenon I store away for future memories.
When my life has long been spent,
and I begin to feel the once innumerable hours of my existence exact their quantitative numbers upon my ticking heart,
  there are few things I request as I leave this planet.

I want to feel Joel's comfort through my hand,
I want to see my dearest kin's faces as they wrestle with the paradox of pain and peace,
 and I want to remember the night sky as I saw it tonight.

i've definitely got my eyes on this one

Life as one long, gorgeous day.

You Might Also Like

4 comments: