moral imperatives

September 11, 2010 candacemorris 6 Comments

There are a few items you simply must be privy to this Saturday morning.

How I am taking my coffee lately:
Morning Coffee

It's quite convoluted, how this process came to be.  My grinder finally quit on me, so no more French Press.  I accidentally got a bag of coffee that was ground for a drip machine, but I also don't have one of those.  So, I found my trusty old camping single-cup drip maker, and have been using that ever since.  It's been kind of gross, but in a good greasy-spoon diner kind of way.  A bit of foam a'top makes it a grand cuppa joe.

My addiction to cardigans, here's my recent addition.  This also marks my very first vintage clothing purchase from Etsy.  Not sure what took me so long:


So cute!


The snapdragons decided to give me another bloom:
Snap.
Bloom Again

These are Kelly's favorite flowers, and since I am already entrenched in thoughts and prayers for her as she starts round 2 of chemo on Monday, it seems fitting that the universe would animate these flowers once more in her honor.

I've got new hairs...but no decent picture of it just yet:

Here was my inspiration...though it looks nothing like this because I don't have Agyness Deyn's hair. TRAGIC! 

And as always, I've been keeping writing like a mad woman.
Coffee, Blueberrys, Write Back Soon
Off we go.

Letters save me on a weekly basis, both the writing and the receiving.  

You may now go about your weekend having been well-informed of my own goings-on.  Sis and I are off to treat ourselves to a massage and enjoy the sun popping out in Seattle.

You are my favorite,

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Cassie said...

What a great cardigan! Can't wait to see the new do, too!

Have a great Saturday. A massage sounds fabulous! xo

J*Schofield said...

that is a great cardi. and i bet it looks fantastic on you! i am absolutely addicted to caridgans. i opt for v-necks or shawl collars, mostly :), especially in a merino wool. and, when this time of year rolls around, I want to buy heaps and loads of them.

The saint has a picture of your platinum tresses.

And speaking of style: How does one go about making a hair shirt? I've got bags and bags of my own hair I have been saving for years and I figure I should start doing something with it.

Unknown said...

I have those same stamps but can't seem to bring myself to use them on bills. I suppose it is time to write actual letters. Oh, the task!
Mary-Alice

UmberDove said...

I've always been a fan of the single cup Melitta drip. Smells like bacon grease and camp fire and the dank soil next a river.

My snappers gave me a grand double bloom (which I squeezed mercilessly because I love when they talk to me). They're about ready to throw in the Autumn towel now, so thankfully I've got a bunch of them in the gurgle pot sitting on the kitchen island.

New Cardi = ADORABLE. We have a serious issue happening with the cardigans as of late. Since your visit I've been slyly aware of how many days a week I tug one of them on (and the other day was a DOUBLE CARDI day - at the same time) and it's usually no less than 6.

I've got a letter I need to finish writing to you. I think I'll do it today.

Miss you like the dickens. Actually even more than that. Keep up the "moral imperatives" because I need to know these details like I need water and light.

love you miss. I really do.

great sweater.

:)