A TRUE NURSE MAID

November 06, 2009 candacemorris 6 Comments

For a belated Mother's Day present, I took the saint's mother to Molbak's a few days ago.  It was the perfect brisk, sunny Autumn day.

Molbak's is the most amazing nursery/home and garden store.  It's not only MASSIVE, but it has a garden cafe in the center that breaks up the day of shopping quite nicely with a great sandwich and glass of Sav Blanc...and is pretty much guaranteed that if you come to visit, we'll be headed to Woodinville for a day there.

In the four hours we spent wandering around looking at indoor and outdoor plants, I felt the most immensely euphoric peace.  Save the peak of tall mountains (which I can only imagine, since I am not a hiker), I do not think it's possible to breath so deeply than while at Molbak's.  Truly, I feel as though my soul escaped my bod so it could go dancing in the azaleas, climbing the Japanese maples, hiding in the bamboo, staring at the bonsai, drinking in the color of the wandering jews...



















And that's just the INDOOR section!
Then we headed out...































You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Beautifully captured,
as usual.

UmberDove said...

J'adore Molbaks.

I swoon over your wandering jew landscapes (and can not think of a better day-gift to Mama Saint).

Jean said...

It was so much fun, and so beautiful! Your photos are incredible! Thanks again for such a wonderful day spent together!
Mom

emilyclare said...

Happy Birthday to your Mama Saint! I adore these photos; so many delicious colours and textures... makes me hungry for some foilage.

Hola~ Stumbled upon your lovely blog..
Great photos..
YoU go GiRL~!

Cassie said...

Those dark red leaves had me. Beautiful. Thanks for the oxygen. Feeling overwhelmed today and those pictures lightened my load...& got me to thinking how I might care for myself while feeling so overcome. Oh, and I know right where Woodinville is. Near Monroe?? We almost moved there a year and a half ago. Halleluja we didn't. Pretty land but it houses a water tank for a reason. ;) In fact, when I reflect on the short time my husband worked there, all I see in my mind is a HUGE grey cloud.

Thanks for the refreshment. :)