the sights of a weekend

April 26, 2009 candacemorris 4 Comments

  1. spontaneous brunches and chance thai-food encounters
  2. happily wasted afternoons
  3. mexican train and sexy score-keeping
  4. wine, wine, and (way too much) MORE wine
  5. fuss and persuasion
  6. effervescent voicemail
  7. newborns and oldborns
  8. weeping, drunken norseman
  9. a wake at a sports bar
  10. snaps with a vintage film slr
  11. candlelight vigils with whitman, coleridge, and senna black tea
  12. pensive voicemail
  13. early morning purrs and sunday-brewing saints
  14. unpacked boxes and double-cream filled baguettes
  15. themes in To Kill a Mockingbird
  16. vintage patterns and word games

thoughts as i begin my week:
i am thinking of teaching myself to sew. i am looking for a pattern that my mo-in-law and i can do together of a simple, spring dress. any suggestions?

i am looking for cute, inexpensive frames that i can repaint myself. i want a couple of oval ones. any suggestions?

my throat is threatening sickness. i want to drink a gallon of orange juice. any suggestions?

i have to recommend a page-turning book for a 14 year old girl. since i am somewhat snooty about adolescent fiction...any suggestions?


the saint snores and so i must bid you adieu,
crm

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

emilyclare said...

I loved reading about your weekend Mme (imagining it more so) and I am jealous about the vintage SLR film, bedtime reading and tea, cream-filled baguettes, reading Persuasion...

And as for easy spring dress patterns... I am always on the lookout for easy (like REALLY easy) patterns; Burda-style is not bad for patterns and they've got lots of free patterns you can download too. I have bought a few Butterick/McCall from their website and they've been fairly straightforward. Something like this even: http://www.butterick.com/item/B5317.htm?tab=dresses&page=1

And page-turners for 14-year olds? I must admit my taste in books as a 14-year old (and six years later) isn't everyone's cup of tea but anything by Ursula Le Guin is good ("Wizard of Earthsea","Voices", "The Other Wind"), Madeleine L'Engle's "A Wrinkle in Time" series, as much as I don't like the author Philip Pullman's Dark Materials Trilogy and others, "Mr God This Is Ana" by Fynn (funny, revelatory), for something modern and interesting "Grasshopper" by Barbara Vine, and you can't go past Jane Eyre and The Hobbit for classics that are good (and get better every time you read them)

I know I've rambled my fair share for today; thank you for your comments on my blog - I cherish them so much - and am eagerly checking the post every day.

Becca said...

Page turners for 14 year olds:

There is always the twilight series if she hasn't read it already...

she said...

i love
your lists

BC said...

Harry Potter!