close your eyes, proceed to the exits

November 12, 2008 candacemorris 1 Comments

They cannot chain you.
{Only you have the power to do that}

Your body
Though ill-fitted and itchy-tight, flies free
O’er orchards and oceania.
Claws will release the resting branch, bouncing it jocundly out of stagnation.
White feathers fall behind,
Languidly shedding the distress.

You approach the nimbus cloud canopy above you,
The blackness of which
has shadowed your keen night-vision,
Befuddled your predatory instincts,
Knocked you from the safe, elongated shelter of the weeping willow.

You must push, force, charge…
See the world shrinking below you?
You are almost
to the blue.

Almost
to the meaning.

You Might Also Like

1 comments:

emilyclare said...

I can feel breeze through my hair as I read,
and,
eyes closed, I am in that space;
high and low,
almost blue -
heart aching and eyes swollen from tears. I feel great sadness and happiness today -
But it is so good to escape into your vision..